PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde Pre Season Prediction of Post Season Success Thread

former1dog
10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Vote in the poll and then elaborate on your choice in a post.

cjm720
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Final 4 - a healthy Heytvelt, another year of experience with Gray and Daye, plus our leaders Pargo and Bouldin, and throw in Micah and the rest of the bunch...sky's the limit. Can't wait...

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!

cggonzaga
10-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I chose National Champs because if they make it to the Final Four they will win it all. This team will once again become America's team and everyone's darling. Even as tough a schedule that we have I still say we don't lose more than 3 games. And yes, I'm dead serious.

Nevtelen
10-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Tough call. I said Elite Eight because that's what I think has the best chance of happening. Depending on how the cards fall, how well line-ups gel/work together, how many injuries, etc there are... well, Final Four is certainly on the table. I hope it happens. But I'm not confident enough to predict it.

zag944
10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
always so difficult to choose. The tourney is an unforgiving beast, where one guy with a hot hand can ruin 5 months of hard work.

My prediction is more success WCC-wise than the last two seasons. Pretty much counting on Pargo and Daye to be awesome. Its who emerges as the 3rd and 4th best players that will help me gauge my confidence.

I'll go with sweet 16 for now.

LongIslandZagFan
10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
I went NC... but I am not anywhere near being a good prognosticator. So if they win the NC it is purely dumb luck. I'd be happier than a pig in you know what if they make E8 or F4.

zagfan07
10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Elite 8 this year, but Austin's so hungry for a final four berth he comes back next year and leads the nation in scoring on the way to a National Championship in 2010! Then bolts for the NBA and the first overall pick.

maineblackbear
10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
voted for NC; by no means am I certain, but of all the possibilities, I eliminated them all-- WCC is all? ha! all of the rest are possible but equally possible, given health, is that the Zags advance beyond the next step--round of 32? Why would they not win that game?--same with 16, 8, four and two-- why would they not win that game if they get there? I see no team in the country better than us. None. I see us as being able to beat anyone. I think there are 250 teams in the country that we could not lose to given almost any scenario.

I see five or six teams that we are about equal with; but again, why would we not win those games? We are not handicapped in coaching, depth, facilities . . .

This year is the year to really dream big. Why not?

mbb

(yeah, I could see losing-- and everyone has to lose, except one--but no matter who we lose to I will be very disappointed).

HOOTER
10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Elite 8. There will be some rough times in the non-conference portion of the season, but mostly successful. The conference will be tougher than it's been in a long time (or ever) but the Zags will eek out a regular season championship and win the conference tourney in a close game. They'll be healthy and well tested going into the NCAA tourney and battle their way to a very close and respectable loss in the elite 8.

Larryzag
10-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Final four. I will be happy if they reach the elite eight but I think they are capable of the final four. Anything less then the elite eight will be a big disappointment to the fans and the team I think.

kitzbuel
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I chose sweet 16 because I am an overly fretful nervous nelly. But I think if they make the sweet 16 they will have escaped a lot of the heavy lightening strike terrain and will be able to confidently match up with opposing teams.

lawzag
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I voted for the Elite 8, although I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Final 4!!!