PDA

View Full Version : A Great Victory for The Zags Today!!!

RebornZag
03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Wow!!! This is as good a victory as us winning the WCC tournament. :) Yep!!! That's right...Mr' Pollyanna speaking again!!!:lmao:

How could anyone feel bad about a 10 seed? We hung at 12 & 13 all week, and it made me a little mad to tell you the truth. Plus this puts us exactly where the '99 team was at the 10 seed. The constant theme for some of us all year was that this could be a year very similar to '99 because we felt that GU would be UNDER THE RADAR all year because of our difficult OOC schedule, as well as, a team that was reloading after the loss of AMMO and JP. I couldn't be happier myself.

To tell you the truth Gonzaga will not fear either Indiana nor UCLA, so why should I? Indiana, IMO, is not playing their best basketball right now, nor is UCLA. Come on guys....UCLA just lost to Washington and then lost their first game in the tournament to Cal? ANd I just know the Zags would like to have another crack at UCLA and so would I!!!

The other part of the GREAT seeding is that we are in the West. WOW!!! And believe me, this is a year where teams don't do well who have to travel. I think this gives us the greatest edge against Indiana. UCLA and Gonzaga both play a lot in California so this will truly be a neutral site. Gonzaga is playing great right now, and I love our momentum going into the Tournament. UCLA is going in with 2 losses.....Reminds me of Santa Clara.

Here is one more point. The year The Zags went to the Elite 8 they beat Stanford the #2 seed....Sound similar. Stanford and UCLA both #2???? Stanford had a very good team that year as well, but The Zags WERE NOT intimidated by them. I LOVE OUR SEED!!! Two perfect games for us to win and dance into the SWEET SIXTEEN!!!

sanfranzagsguy20
03-11-2007, 03:35 PM
How could anyone feel bad about a 10 seed?

i certainly dont...this is what i assumed we would get all along...we deserve a ten because of our schedule and both of our conference championships (reg. season and tourney)

The constant theme for some of us all year was that this could be a year very similar to '99 because we felt that GU would be UNDER THE RADAR

i have a been a big proponent of this notion on this board over the last two monthes because i believe this is the first year in a while where we have a chance to go in under the radar...but now with some of these opponents...i.e. indiana and ucla who know how good we are first hand this point may be moot...had we drawn an east coast team this could have applied....

And believe me, this is a year where teams don't do well who have to travel. I think this gives us the greatest edge against Indiana. UCLA and Gonzaga both play a lot in California so this will truly be a neutral site.

i agree we have an edge against indiana in this regard but for those of us who were in oakland last year for the sweet 16, oracle arena was far from "neutral"... ucla has a fantastic following up here and imo the crowd will again favor them if we get there...but we're more of an underdog this year than we were last year so who knows if we get some more people in our court or not...

The year The Zags went to the Elite 8 they beat Stanford the #2 seed....Sound similar. Stanford and UCLA both #2???? Stanford had a very good team that year as well, but The Zags WERE NOT intimidated by them. I LOVE OUR SEED!!! Two perfect games for us to win and dance into the SWEET SIXTEEN!!!

it is eerily similar but thats worth about as much nick saban's word...but hey i agree the stars are aligned with our past for us to pull off something special...as a bay area zag i am on cloud nine with the locations of sacramento and san jose (if we advance)...first and foremost indiana who, looking at their message boards, are very happy they drew us in the first round and are already talking about upsetting ucla....lets show them that the ucla game is ours by sending home the hoosiers early yet again...go zags

RebornZag
03-11-2007, 03:50 PM
:clap:

A couple other things I like about our seed: I see Duke as the 6 seed. Wouldn't that be awesome if we got to play them again to go to the Elite 8?
I have also wanted to play Pittsburg if we got them because I just think we can beat them. If everything goes great, We could be playing Kansas who IS the weakest of the #1's, according to the experts. Also they must face Virginia Tech which could be an upset, and I'd like to play Virginia Tech....If we get by UCLA "watch out" basketball world...And I hate to mention it here...BUT.... #10 is my favorite #. It's time for #10 to fly like a bird!!! And you know the bird we'll be flying with........THE PHOENIX!!!