• Show
Clear All
  • sullyzag66
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Another story about Ammo

Charlotte Observer

Brown's observation:

“They did a lot of good things for him in Gonzaga and he was creative – he never stopped moving offensively,'' Brown said. “That's a coach's job: To find out what your guys do best and put them in a position to be successful.''
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I think Brown and Ammo have it about right. Ammo wasn't a spot-up shooter in college and using him that way his rookie year was a mistake. That doesn't excuse Ammo's own issues with defense and missing some open looks, but he wasn't being put in much of a position to succeed. Here's hoping he can rebound this year.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

it looks like Brown

and Adam are going to both find their niches. And that is what it will take for Brown to live long in Charlotte and for Ammo to prosper in the NBA.

great news. thanks for posting.
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• KSTATEZAG
        Kennel Club Material
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Malastein
        Wasn't this same board extremely anti-Brown a couple months ago? Now, he's a good coach again.
        Mal...I think it was the cheap shot he through at ammo when he walked in the door.
        Overall, no one never said he is a bad coach...he's definitely earned his stripes (and is a HOFer). Sometimes he can be, how should I put this, difficult

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Malastein
          Wasn't this same board extremely anti-Brown a couple months ago? Now, he's a good coach again.
          I've never had a bad thing to say about Brown. His tenure with the Knicks was like asking someone to swim with a lead jacket on and concrete shoes. He was destined to fail there due to upper management.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
          X