PDA

View Full Version : Good Draw for GU?

JAGzag
03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
For those of you that know BBall and can tell us whether this is a good seed / pair - let the rest of us know! How do we stack up against Indiana?? :confused:

AllezZags
03-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I like our first round match-up vs. Indiana. I think our new line-up will give them fits. They will not roll over, but I just have a good feeling about beating them.

That said, I don't like having to play UCLA to get into the round of 16. They are a heck of a defensive team when they want to be.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I noticed Bilas' overlooking of the Zags too. He immediately started talking about Indiana's chance to give UCLA a tough game. Similarly, over on CBS, Seth Davis immed. started talking about a Sweet 16 Pitt vs UCLA game. Well folks, we're back in the underdog role!

ereiz03
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Bad draw for the Zags.....

TM27
03-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Indiana can play both ways but being from the big 10 normally plays a slow game, they are at their best when their 6-9 F DJ White has room to post up a smaller front court (bad for GU). Indiana is a streaky shooting team and when they are off can look like a D2 team (good for GU, bad for GU if they are on as the combination of a low post game and outside shooting will be a tough matchup for GU). Indiana's White struggles against the double team, but our bigs may not be athletic enough to cause significant problems. GU has drawn a tough first round matchup, not to mention the possible second round matchup. Gotta bring our A game.

Edited to say: GU can absolutely win this game, but we will be looking to push the ball and we need a SOLID defensive effort from Kuso and Mallon.

wazZag
03-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Not a good draw at all, I'm not looking forward to playing UCLA again. I can't tell what to expect with the latest version of the zags though. I'm just glad they made the dance.

sanfranzagsguy20
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
clark's sleeper pick is the zags...davis likes us too...honestly who the hell cares what these guys think...obviously i do lol and i dont know why....

go zags

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I love the zags, but think they earned a tough trip to the second weekend as well as earning their spot in the tourney. Seems like the committee gave them some love for the schedule and basically said y'all are gonna have to earn your way through.

Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING would give me more satisfaction than a first round win and outing UCLA. So, in that sense, I'm looking forward to it. It's better than Lunardi's 13, better than most of us expected, and it's March, there is no free ride here.

Birddog
03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I've been wishing for a matchup with that sanctimonious, smug mofo Sampson for years. I just wanted it to be when he coached Oklahoma. This will be a tough game. Kelvin's teams play a rough, physical, push and pull type of game. They will be defensively sound, but the game is definitely winnable. I would suspect the crowd in Sacramento would be solidly behind the Zags. Those of you attending the game, be sure to bring your cell phones and wave them when he is introduced.

Birddog

FuManShoes
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't like the draw at all. Indiana can still shoot a ton of 3s, which doesn't exactly bode well for GU. And even if the Zags do get past IU, chances are they'd face a very resentful and motivated UCLA team in Cali. And if miracle of miracles, the Zags do make it to the Sweet 16, they'd be looking at a game against Duke or Pitt, both of which now have a significant advantage inside. I wish the Zags had gotten a 12 or 13 seed so they could at least look forward to a more "winnable" game in in Rd. 2 if they made it that far ....

brasszag
03-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime - and apparently for 2 years in a row.

Looking forward to see if Sean can duplicate his game he had against IU last year...

Asotin
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Bad draw not just because of the first round team but the potential second round game is brutal also. Physical defensive teams have given the zags fits this year and GU would most likely have to go thru 2 to get to the round of 16.

Bulldog
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM
A lot of people didn't even think we would make it to the tourney, but we did so lets not disappoint everyone and start losing now. Cinderella again after all these years, does the slipper still fit?:)