PDA

View Full Version : Do You Agree or Disagree?

BobZag
09-30-2008, 08:37 AM
"Washington’s a top level program like everyone else..." -Jon Brockman

former1dog
09-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Unfortunately Jon is a top level player on a middlin team.

I honestly feel bad for him because he is definitely the kind of player I would love to have at Gonzaga.

cjm720
09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Only if everyone else means D1 programs in Seattle. :)

LongIslandZagFan
09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Only if everyone else means D1 programs in Seattle. :)

Ditto! :D

kyle dixon
09-30-2008, 09:11 AM
A top level program does not have their players get taped up for practice only to find out they are not invited to either the NCAAs or the NIT only to find out their season is over. A top level program does not buy a game to get in to a CBI tourney (not the NCAAs or the NIT either) and then miss free throws and lose money in the end. Oh well, I could go on. Let the kids be who they are.:)

Nevtelen
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Nope. Not even close to agreement. Though, I agree with f1d that Brockman is a fantastic player wasting away on a mediocre squad. UW actually might do fairly well this season, with a weak Pac-10, but that wouldn't mean they're a solid program.

zag944
09-30-2008, 09:39 AM
If Brockman needs a measuring stick to test his theory, I'm sure the Zags would be happy to oblige and bring him back to planet Earth.

coolhandzag
09-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Disagree. Brockman is a great player. A monster on the boards. He’s just being a company man delivering a company line. What’s he supposed to say? “We couldn’t buy a victory against Valpo. But, hey, we did lay to good money down!” The Pac-10 will be not be as tough from top to bottom as last year. But, this year may prove the husky bball program has deteriorated as far as the husky fball program. Well, maybe not that far.

thespywhozaggedme
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM

To be honest, I'd like to read the whole quote before I formed an opinion. The words as stated are a bit odd, if "everyone else" is a top level program, then yes, Washington is one. It's just a weird quote as written.

Salsageek
09-30-2008, 10:50 AM
:lmao: He's a funny guy.

SpudDawg
09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
He's just showing off his high-falutin' UDub "edumuhcation."

gu03alum
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Only one college in Washington state will be playing in a post season tournament this year.

gu03alum
09-30-2008, 11:17 AM
BTW I am referring to GU

Nevtelen
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
BTW I am referring to GU

Nah, WSU and UW will both go somewhere in the post-season. I don't think both will get to the NCAAs, but both will go *somewhere*.

RenoZag
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Sure, Jon, whatever you say. . .looking forward to the NIT ?

zaguarxj
09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Every team is "special" in their own way.

Zag 77
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately both gentlemen ( and I think they really are gentlemen) have run thier programs into the gound. Ty Willingham would probably be a good AD somewhere especially given his high ethics, but his experience at Stanford, ND and UW shows he is not a good D-I coach. Lorenzo should probably look for another line of employment.

Rangerzag
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Nah, WSU and UW will both go somewhere in the post-season. I don't think both will get to the NCAAs, but both will go *somewhere*.

Most likely home ;)

El Voce
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Of all the opposing players who have played against Gonzaga, I think Brockman ranks first of those I wish we had gotten. We would have been a much tougher team last year with Brockman on the roster.

BoZarth
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I believe he was referring to the women's soccer team.

SunDevilGolfZag
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
The proof is in the pudding and the Huskies have not been eating the good stuff.

ssorvszag
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
NOT, He meant to say they are still scared to play us like everyone else.:D

Das Zagger
09-30-2008, 06:10 PM

I know this has been mentioned but top level programs don't pay for admission into a post season tournament, get a home game, and subsequently lose that home game to Valpo.

hondo46
09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
From the info I have I think Jon is really a very good person and I wish he were with us. He's exactly what we need. Also in a TV interview last season inside his apartment, in the background was the lady's leg lamp from the movie Christmas Story. I'm thinking he has a great sense of humor.

MickMick
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Romar is a gifted recruiter, but his product on the court is finally starting to adversely affect his recruiting prowess. Bradley, Gaddy, and Siva. Likely to be followed by Smith and Wroten. The locals are slipping away and that #1 seed is too distant in the past to be used in the sales pitch any longer. These "misses" are significant because recruiting appears to be Romar's best attribute as a coach. Diminish his best attribute and you get results like they had last year.

The current bunch of players will make or break him. They are talented enough to finish as high as second in the PAC 10. I doubt they finish higher than fourth.

Point guard play is so critical to D-1 success. The Huskies need much smarter play at the point.

Ohhh....and I agree with everyone else. Brockman is a stud.

ZagsGoZags
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
my vote:

disagree

bartruff1
10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately both gentlemen ( and I think they really are gentlemen) have run thier programs into the gound. Ty Willingham would probably be a good AD somewhere especially given his high ethics, but his experience at Stanford, ND and UW shows he is not a good D-I coach. Lorenzo should probably look for another line of employment. I suspect Lorenzo will get one more year...