• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

#10 GU vs #7 Indiana, Thursday in Sacramento

Discuss:
    Last edited by lothar98zag; 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM.
  • sanfranzagsguy20
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

zags 10 seed in sac-town

looks like 2006 all over again gonzaga-indiana...a win pits us against ucla...

Comment

• DrDrivel
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Third year in a row that GU is seeded in the same region as UCLA. As a lifelong diehard Bruin and long-term GU Bulldog, the mental anguish is getting very taxing.

Comment

• GaelBaller

What time is the game on Thursday? If it is in the evening, I might go out of my way to come out and watch.

Comment

• Crusader Rick
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

Indiana

Sean "Lunchpail" Mallon just got very happy.

Comment

• ruwong
            Redshirt
            • Feb 2007

Do we get Ammo back?

Comment

• mcdiehard
              Bulldog Fan
              • Feb 2007

Game times TBD.

Comment

• sanfranzagsguy20
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

its the thursday-saturday matchup...not sure of times yet....so we have revenge on our minds if we iu...but anyone remember who beat last year to play ucla? think they've got revenge on their minds? you better believe it...personally i dont like this draw except the seed and location

Comment

• DrDrivel
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sanfranzagsguy20 View Post
                  its the thursday-saturday matchup...not sure of times yet....so we have revenge on our minds if we iu...but anyone remember who beat last year to play ucla? think they've got revenge on their minds? you better believe it...personally i dont like this draw except the seed and location
                  I think Indiana has an entirely new identity. They've expelled their coach and many of the players have turned over. I think the program is in the process of being reborn and they've made an effort to expunge the memory of the past 6 years, so I don't feel revenge will be a noteworthy factor.

Comment

• sanfranzagsguy20
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DrDrivel View Post
                    I think Indiana has an entirely new identity. They've expelled their coach and many of the players have turned over. I think the program is in the process of being reborn and they've made an effort to expunge the memory of the past 6 years, so I don't feel revenge will be a noteworthy factor.
                    i see...so white, ratliff, wilmont and calloway...4 of indiana's top 5 scorers dont remember last season? what you said above is somewhat true...but you cant tell me these guys arent foaming at the mouth for another shot at gu

Comment

• DrDrivel
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sanfranzagsguy20 View Post
                      i see...so white, ratliff, wilmont and calloway...4 of indiana's top 5 scorers dont remember last season? what you said above is somewhat true...but you cant tell me these guys arent foaming at the mouth for another shot at gu
                      I would understand this whole position a lot more if Indiana had been a favorite in that game, a higher seed, or had even held a solid lead throughout the game only to let it slip away in the final seconds. That's a revenge scenario. But they weren't expected to win that game. They went exactly as far as they were supposed to go. There wasn't bad blood. There weren't ugly elbows thrown - no bloodied lips. And I think that, combined with the turnover in coaching staff and the myriad distractions both programs have endured over the last 11 months, we probably aren't looking at a revenge situation.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Anytime you get a chance to compete against a team that knocked you out of the tourney the previous year, revenge is factor......new coach, new year, seeding, blah blah blah....the players from IU are sure to be eager for the opportunity to face the Zags again; just as the Zags would love to compete against UCLA in the 2nd round. Of all the teams we could have drawn, Indiana doesn't scare me any more then some others would.....the Zags will have to beat good teams to keep dancing no matter what.
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

anyone know their most popular board? Link?

Comment

• mcdiehard
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Feb 2007

Kelvin Sampson finally has to deal with Gonzaga. Good riddance.

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
                              Kennel Club
                              • Feb 2007

Rivals

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                              anyone know their most popular board? Link?
                              http://indiana.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=726

I've been following them quite a bit this year--I'll post a scouting report later tonight--for now, though, I'll just say it's absolutely a winnable game for GU.

Comment

Working...
                              X