09-26-2008, 10:09 AM
http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/gonz-m-baskbl-body.html

Start making your plans.

gu03alum
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks BobZag!!

cggonzaga
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I swear Pargo has grown at least 2". He has to be at least 6'4" now. His draft stock is really going to rise this season.

MickMick
09-26-2008, 10:54 AM
The printed version of the PDF format is very well done (and already pinned up on my corkboard).

Rubbadub
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Now that I have Directv instead of digital cable, I'll get to watch the FSN games.

My only real gripe is that the Indiana game is only going to be on the big ten network...

SteelCityZag
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Sounds better this way...

"SPOKANE, Wash. - Another tough slate highlights the 2008-09 Gonzaga University men's basketball schedule announced Thursday, with 12 NCAA Tournament teams from a year ago dotting the Bulldogs schedule.

Five of those NCAA teams will play the Bulldogs in the state of Washington, with three of them coming to the McCarthey Athletic Center and another facing the Zags in the Spokane Arena."

...does it not?

Ole Roy
09-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Now that I have Directv instead of digital cable, I'll get to watch the FSN games.

My only real gripe is that the Indiana game is only going to be on the big ten network...

If You had gone with Dish network,the big ten is a throw in. Just sayen, you went to wrong network. It's all HD over here.
Roy :D

MississppiZag
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I though Sacre was 7'0''. Daye is taller than Sacre and Heytvelt in the picture. Maybe he is 7'2''.:)

Pargo looks taller and more slim. Daye has gotten taller. Goodson is taller than i had originally thought. Sacre is huge. The team looks ready.

BilboZaggins
09-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Wtf?

thespywhozaggedme
09-26-2008, 01:38 PM
If You had gone with Dish network,the big ten is a throw in. Just sayen, you went to wrong network. It's all HD over here.
Roy :D

Yup, Dish rules, except for no ESPNU, even with the extra sports tier. UGH!!!!

On a side note, in the team photo OKD is taller then Rob and Josh and Andy is as tall. We are going to create some serious mismatches this year.

BobZag
09-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Yup, Dish rules, except for no ESPNU, even with the extra sports tier. UGH!!!!

On a side note, in the team photo OKD is taller then Rob and Josh and Andy is as tall. We are going to create some serious mismatches this year.

I have Dish and ESPNU is Channel 148.

Bilbo, USC-Upstate is a perfect Senior Night game, plus a good "practice" for the WCC Tourney.

thespywhozaggedme
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I have Dish and ESPNU is Channel 148.

Bilbo, USC-Upstate is a perfect Senior Night game, plus a good "practice" for the WCC Tourney.

When I signed up a year and a half ago I paid $5 extra a month for the sports package so I could get all of the Zag games, alas no ESPNU or VS with the sports tier. I think in order to get it I would have to get the every channel package, which has got to be close to $100/month. What package to you have Bob?

I just double checked, it's highlighted in light green and says that I can upgrade immediately, but it doesn't say for how much.

NorthWestZag
09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Non-league is very strong as usual.

Home games are weak as usual. Probably the worst non-league home schedule in 10 years.

But we got two great teams at KeyArena and Spokane Veterans. Along with a fantastic non league. Plus the WCC slate will be the strongest one yet.

So it is not all negative.

BobZag
09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
When I signed up a year and a half ago I paid $5 extra a month for the sports package so I could get all of the Zag games, alas no ESPNU or VS with the sports tier. I think in order to get it I would have to get the every channel package, which has got to be close to $100/month. What package to you have Bob?

I just double checked, it's highlighted in light green and says that I can upgrade immediately, but it doesn't say for how much.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/at_250/packages.aspx

America's Top 250. I like it a lot, plus the sports package you have.

gueastcoast
09-26-2008, 06:07 PM
from a harried part-time college bb fan (but full-time Zag fan):

WTF is USC Upstate? It sounds like an afterthought program...but what on earth is it?

Radbooks
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
It's University of South Carolina Upstate... for whatever that's worth.

gueastcoast
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks Radbooks...I thought I had a good handle on obscure colleges and universities but that's a new one.

Thought South Carolina was a long, flat state...wonder what constitutes "upstate"? ;)

CDC84
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
It should be emphasized that while the sked says that Gonzaga/Indiana will be on the Big 10 network, the game will also be on ESPNU.

ZagNative
09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
It should be emphasized that while the sked says that Gonzaga/Indiana will be on the Big 10 network, the game will also be on ESPNU.Thanks for pointing that out, CDC84! I get the Big Ten Network as part of my Comcast Sportspak in Spokane, on Channel 404! Good news for me!

CDC84
09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Link regarding the HoF game and its ESPNU TV coverage:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2008-09-05-hof-showcase_N.htm

For those of you with Direct TV:

If you get the College Sports Pack, every single game will be on FSN-NW, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS (UConn), or CBS College Sports (at Utah) except the exhibition game vs. Wayne State, the 1/15 game vs. Santa Clara, and the 1/22 game at Pepperdine. And I would say there is a decent chance we'll eventually see the last two games on TV, somewhere....like on one of the Comcast Sportsnet channels.

229SintoZag
09-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Link regarding the HoF game and its ESPNU TV coverage:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2008-09-05-hof-showcase_N.htm

For those of you with Direct TV:

If you get the College Sports Pack, every single game will be on FSN-NW, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS (UConn), or CBS College Sports (at Utah) except the exhibition game vs. Wayne State, the 1/15 game vs. Santa Clara, and the 1/22 game at Pepperdine. And I would say there is a decent chance we'll eventually see the last two games on TV, somewhere....like on one of the Comcast Sportsnet channels.

One good thing about the Indiana game on the Big 10 network--it should be at least one game this year we get in HD before the NCAA tournament--which is one more game than we ever got in HD last year.

I assume the CBS game will also be an HD game.

I wonder if ESPN will have upgraded their equipment to broadcast some WCC games in HD this year?

BoltZag
11-04-2008, 08:55 AM
It should be emphasized that while the sked says that Gonzaga/Indiana will be on the Big 10 network, the game will also be on ESPNU.

It appears this will not be the case. ESPNU has released its schedule and the HoF Challenge games are not part of it. They will air exclusively on the Big Ten Network (who just hired Gus Johnson as their pxp announcer for college basketball).

gozagswoohoo
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
It appears this will not be the case. ESPNU has released its schedule and the HoF Challenge games are not part of it. They will air exclusively on the Big Ten Network (who just hired Gus Johnson as their pxp announcer for college basketball).

Not a big deal to me...since yours truly will be viewing the game in HD.....IN PERSON!!!! Holla!!!

Bia Bia!!

BoZarth
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Standard with the HD pakage

ESPNU
Fox Sports Net
Big Ten Network

There aren't different tiers to jump to. The only choices are HD and non-HD for customers who don't have the equipment.

kitzbuel
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I get like about 52 Big Ten network channels with Dish. It is overwhelming. I can watch Northwestern football games from 10 years ago at 2AM if I want.