PDA

View Full Version : Meet de Horns halfway

BobZag
09-22-2008, 09:20 AM
One of the best preseason tactics coaches like most are closed scrimmages where two D1 teams can scrimmage each other and try different combinations, different offenses and defenses, all while playing any format they wish. For instance, two 20 minute periods, followed by two 10 minute periods and a 5 minute period. Whatever they wish. These are always closed to the public, and I mean closed tighter than a drum. Locked tight.

Last year Portland State came to K2 and there was one of these.

I have heard the Zags will meet Texas in Matt Bouldin's old high school (ThunderRidge) near Denver for a closed scrimmage.

Few and the team sure should know where they stand after this, as Texas always sports a talented, athletic group of guys.

When: don't know exactly, but sometime after Nov. 1st.

zag67
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
That is great. So BZ, do we ever find out any of the details about a scrimage like this?

BobZag
09-22-2008, 09:41 AM
That is great. So BZ, do we ever find out any of the details about a scrimage like this?

Sketchy, at best.

GonzagaGurl08
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Sounds like the meeting will be a good event for both teams. It will be a learning experience for all.

Akzag
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow ... nice little step up, meaning no offense to the Vikings.

I like your new sig, BZ.

lawprof99
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
About 1957 the U of I varsity basketball team (so legend goes) held a closed scrimmage against the Kellogg, Idaho high school team composed of Rich Porter, Jeff Wombolt, Clair Gray and others. And lost. After that, all scrimmages were closed at the U of I.

I hate the story. I was a Wallace graduate