PDA

View Full Version : how much (if at all) does texas-ku game affect our seed?

sanfranzagsguy20
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
now that unc has won the acc tourney, if texas beats ku to win the big 12 does our seed become stronger because we beat two of the big conference champions? or do you think our seed is almost set as we speak? any thoughts?

RenoZag
03-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I think the only impact this game will have is whether or not Texas gets a 2 or 3 seed. I think Kansas keeps it's #1 seed even if they lose today. . .I suspect the Zags' fate has been sealed, seed-wise.

Rubbadub
03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I don't think anything left today is going to change GU's seed.

About this game however, no team in the country could stay with Texas when Durant is this red hot. He had 19 with 8:31 left in the first half. Absolutely amazing.

23dpg
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
It's sort of too bad that when the committee looks at the Texas-GU game, they will see a good 10 point win. What is not evident is that it was really a blow-out. Gonzaga was up 27 late and put the game in neutral. Texas then scored the last 17 points of the game to make it look closer.

CDC84
03-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Did anyone see Wanda Durant, Kevin's Mom, interviewed on TV? That lady is to a large degree responsible for his approach towards the game. She had him up at the crack of dawn running hills, shooting and refining his skills.
She knew if he didn't develop a desire to keep improving, it would be easy for him to just rely on his natural ability alone......

RenoZag
03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
She was very poised. . .probably has had a lot of practice over the years due to the notoriety of her son. They made his upbringing sound almost like the routine Tiger Woods followed.