• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Your Favorite Zag Moment---

We all have our Zag memories of moments in Zag history-- What was your favorite Zag moment that raises the hair on the back of your neck/gives you goose bumps or brings a tear to your eye?

I realize that there are so many to choose from......But for me I have two that make me proud to be a Zag and bring a smile to my face "The Runner" and the game against Arizona where both teams left it all out on the court.... and with the Zags going to center court to applaud the Zag fans who had come ont he journey with them (Zagnative brought this one up recently in a different thread and it always brings a smile to my face).

Thanks for taking the time to share the memories.
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

"Here comes the All American!"

"Ohhhhhhh he banked it!"

"And if you are sleepless in Seattle, why not get.....a little kiss?"

"Ohhh Gus...Major Onions!"
    Last edited by MickMick; 09-19-2008, 07:43 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Mickmick-- help me out-- "Ohhh Gus... Major Onions?"

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
        Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
        • Feb 2007

Oh....so hard to say, there are so many amazing ones. It's either the bank in the BIS, or the battle Morrison had with Maurice Ager back in.....2005?? IN the Maui Invitational 3OT game.
        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
          Mickmick-- help me out-- "Ohhh Gus... Major Onions?"
          Link

"All on his own!"

"Look at the contesting!"

"Ohhh what a smooch!"

"Crunch time you go to your best player!"

"Adam Morrison refusing to let his team lose!"

"Mom and Dad in the stands!"
          Last edited by MickMick; 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Robzagnut
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

1. Casey's tip-in in the last seconds to beat Florida.

2. Ammo's first half against SF.

3. Rillie unconscious from 3 during the WCC tourney.

4. Triple OT against MSU in Maui.

5. Batista seeing his brother on Senior night.

6. Ammo's bank against OSU. "Adam Morrison is THE best college player in America!" "Purrrrrrrrrrrr"

7. Pendo and Raivio's smiles after the unlikely winning of the WCC tourney after the mushroom suspensions.

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Dickau scoring 30 straight points from late 1st half to late 2nd half to keep the Bulldogs in it against SCU. Although we ultimately lost the game, it was a pretty stunning performance which I happened to see live and nearly courtside.

Anthony Reason's rebound windmill dunk to punctuate a dominant first half on the road by the Zags against SMC. My group had row 1 seats behind the SMC bench and my buddies (not alum but big fans) heckled the bench mercilessly.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

Toss up between The Runner and BIS bank-shot to win.

#3 would have to be the entire 2nd half and both OTs of the Zona game. Loss or not, it was amazing.

#4 Diamond Dan's outrageous 19 points in 7.5 minutes vs. Pepp. in 2002.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

This video has many of the great moments included-- kudos to whoever put this together--

Comment

• Vanzagger
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

OK, first chills.

#2 I am not James Worthey.

Now the meat and Potatatoeeees. I just put Napolean Dynomite's dance to shame. Any time the KÇ or Paul Sorenson goes buck nutty, forget about it.

vz
                    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• ZagSlug
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Too early for the bunnies?

sigpic
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• zagirl2k
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Feb 2007

1. Casey's tip-in in the last seconds to beat Florida.

2. Ammo's first half against SF.

4. Triple OT against MSU in Maui.

Anthony Reason's rebound windmill dunk to punctuate a dominant first half on the road by the Zags against SMC.
                        All of those are right up there and I was there for all of them. (Back when I could actually get tickets for games and didn't need a babysitter)

I think Florida still has to be tops in my book. I hadn't jumped that high in a very long time (torn ACL and all).
                        "Hall, the runner. . ." magical words that make me smile every single time.

As another thread was discussing that this is 10 years since the Elite 8 team, I hope they do something for that. How fun would it be to have that crew back in the Kennel together? Hard to believe it's been that long, makes me feel kind of old since I was a junior at GU then. As was discussed in the other tread, that was a really unique time to be at GU. Things weren't looking so hot when I was a freshman, it was a small class, we had 4 Presidents in 4 years and then things just caught fire about 99/2000 and there was no looking back.

When do games start? I am so ready!!!!

PS ZagSlug (aka Mr. Zagirl2k) is the creator of that video (and many others).

Comment

• saramo
                          Redshirt
                          • Feb 2007

Just a few....

1. Adam's very first game in Madison Square garden. I was living in AZ at the time and watched the game with 2 of Adam's best friends. After he hit that first shot I punch our friend Bo in the arm. Then I cried because I was so proud of him.
                          2. The Mich St game in Maui. I ended up face down on my floor freaking out and wishing the stupid game was over with. I couldn't handle anymore OTs. I ended up having to go in the kitchen to bake some cookies because I was too stressed out!
                          3. I loved the game winner against Ok St for sure. I still watch the video of it on You tube. Especially how JP and Pendo jumped and pumped fists as they ran down the court. AWESOME! We had a lot of friends in family in town for that game and we partied our arses off after the game.
                          4. When GU surprised J.P. by bringing his brother up to see him. That made me proud to be a Zag.
                          5. Anything and everything that Ronny did....love that guy!
                          SARAMO

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagSlug View Post
                            No
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                              No
                              Have to echo Zagdawg in feeling very proud to be associated with GU after the UA game. We won an awful lot with that loss.

Ammo's bank is one of the most thrilling shots I can remember. I couldn't sit for an hour after that.

Josh and GU's performance against UNC in the Garden is an absolute highlight. I was deployed when that happened and most everyone I was with was from or had been from North Carolina and gave us no chance or respect. Very satisfying.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X