PDA

View Full Version : How Does Oregon Fire Ernie Now?

McZag
03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Isn't the hub-bub that the new Oregon AD is best friends with Few and wants him in Eugene? How do you can Ernie when he's holding the Pac-10 Championship net in his hand?? That job is locked for a long long time and should be.

BobZag
03-11-2007, 10:47 AM
They don't fire Uncle Ernie but they do tell him if he receives another offer from a good program, "please take it."

TuckC
03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Kent has been inconsistent and predominately mediocre in Eugene. If this team loses in the first round he is as good as done. But I am sure if there is a slip up next season, he will be gone. It will come down to how much Few is asking for, and how long he wants to be there, seeing as he has a watchful eye on the Olsen job.

23dpg
03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
seeing as he has a watchful eye on the Olsen job.

He does? I have never heard this from anyone other than internet board speculators.

roxdoc
03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Right - Few is just itching to hop around betwen BCS programs, he just can't wait! Kind of like the Dennis Erickson of BB - NOT! What bs!

TuckC
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
A ways back, Few said he always had a thing for the way Lute Olsen led his teams and called his job a "dream job." And said that would be one if not the only place he would move to. And I have heard excuses like how he can't fish, something tells me that those ADs can afford a jet or a charter plane for Few to come up to his fishing spot pretty much whenever he wants.