PDA

View Full Version : What drives you crazy?

2Zags3Pups
03-11-2007, 08:38 AM
For me, its the selection of a team like Syracuse - 51 RPI, 122 nonconference SOS, and 10-6 in a weak Big East. Only quality wins were vs. G-Town abd Marquette. They'll include the Orange and leave out a team like Air Force (32 RPI, 144 SOS) for the three little letters of BCS.

sanfranzagsguy20
03-11-2007, 08:46 AM
its the nature of the beast...the thing about the bcs schools getting in with not so impressive numbers is that they are also the reason that a small school can conceivably get an at large...the little schools use victories over bcs schools (ie drexel over syracuse, villanova) to make their case no matter how "down" the conference or even the team might seem in a given year...

so if the committee feels syracuse is good enough to get in then they probably valued a team's victory over syracuse as a quality win and if the given team still doesnt get in, then they simply didnt do enough to get in in the eyes of the committee...in a sense bcs schools both help and hurt mid-majors and small schools...

RenoZag
03-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Top Ten Gripes About Selection Sunday

10. Hearing Billy Packer defend medicore BCS Schools

9. Jay Bilas saying “Reasonable People Can Agree to Disgaree”

8. Live Shots of Team Bracket Show Viewing Parties

7. Watching Joe Lunardi & Rick Majerus squabble over the last shrimp in the buffet line.

6. Selection Committee Chairman not willing to admit they flipped a coin.

5. Watching mid-major coach bite tongue after getting screwed by the selection committee.

4. All of this talk about brackets is for “amusement purposes” only

3. Digger Phelps’ highlighters clash with his tie.

2. Bracketology cuts into usual Sunday Golf Channel watching.

1. Two Words: Dick Vitale.

upan8th
03-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Dick Vitale: A characature of a character very effectively playing a schmuck.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Trying to kill time for 1.5 weeks waiting for this damned tournament to begin, and when ultimately when it's over and the Zags go home (hopefully simultaneously in the last game and on top this year) trying to completely revamp my thinking pattern and counting down to the month of October when I can look forward to another season, aaah it's here...almost, if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah, Husky fans drive me crazy and so do people who fart in elevators, but I'd get rid of the Husky fans before the elevator arse grenaders if I could choose.

My God I'm going stir crazy.

BroncoZAG615
03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, you got your wish. Cuse' left out of the tourney. Air Force didn't belong either, haven't won a meaningful game in more than a month. I wish Drexel would have been in, they could have been a powerful mid major in the tourney.

SpudDawg
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
... why two teams that won their conference tournaments and have automatic bids are forced to compete in the "play-in" game when you have seventh-place teams in so-called "power conferences" waltz into the first round without having to earn a berth.

TheBeast
03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Dookie V bugs me... He always seems to be seconds away from crying lately.