PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tourney televised in Canada?

beatProgram
03-11-2007, 07:46 AM
I might end up in Nelson Canada during the round of games on Saturday the 17th.

Does anyone know if the tournament games will be televised up there, and secondly how likely it would be to be able to watch them from a bar or restaurant?

Thanks!

jbslicer
03-11-2007, 08:37 AM
They only show hockey in Canada.
Your hotel will probably get a Spokane or Seattle station.

roxdoc
03-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Would they be showing it in Nelson if hometown boy Denison (SC) had made it in?

Nelson is a great town - they probably get some Spokane channels.

lothar98zag
03-11-2007, 08:58 AM
If you can't get it on TV, you can use this online:

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod?refcode=saag_spln

(the one problem is they'll black-out the game that is designated to be shown on tv in your area, so it's possible that GU would be blacked out online...)

also, you should be able to listen to the GU radio broadcast online and use gametracker as a last resort.

good luck

LynetteG
03-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I go to Rossland quite a bit and will be there skiing every weekend from here on out for the month of March. that said, ESPN is not broadcast up there at all. There was some bru-ha-ha about it and it had to be pulled. THe only way you'll get to watch the Zags is if they are on KHQ or check out the link online listed above. Sorry!!!!

Btw, I was in Nelson a few weeks ago for Hockey Day in Canada and had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup! WOW!

BoltZag
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
THe only way you'll get to watch the Zags is if they are on KHQ...

CBS might have a problem with KHQ (NBC) airing the NCAA tourney since they paid $6 billion for it. In other words, I wouldn't look for them on KHQ.

Having been to Nelson, I'm pretty sure they pick up all of the Spokane or Seattle affiliates...but I was there more for the Kokanee than the TV.

LargeWilliam
03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Lived in The Great White North for 3 years and most cable systems carried all 3 US networks at that time, pre-Fox.

Nevtelen
03-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I was in BC for the NIT this year (Harrison Hot Springs, if you know where that is). There were a couple of sports bars a town or two over that got "American Satelite" - that's what you need to look for. Anything that has that will have American channels. I've been to Nelson a couple of times, but don't remember what American channels they get there (though they do get a couple). I only know a couple of bars in Nelson, neither of which are sport bars, so... good luck. A computer might be your best bet (I doubt it would be blacked out there if it's not on t.v.)

Crusader Rick
03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
It is on most systems in Kimberley, so I would assume it would be in Nelson.

Here's something I googled.

http://www.angelfire.com/film/tmtv/media.html

sittingon50
03-11-2007, 04:50 PM
My mom lives in Nelson. She gets CBS out of Spokane. She has just basic cable & I honestly don't remember if she get's ESPN. But, CBS (in Spokane) will show the Zags.

beatProgram
03-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

It's my 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend, and she wanted to head up to Nelson. Well she wanted to head to the Oregon Coast, but the 12-14 hour drive to Hacida Beach put us off that plan.

The funny thing is that there's some contention over when our anniversary actually is, and I don't recall having any snafus with watching the NCAA's this time last year when we started dating, so I'm suspect of her recollection :)

If it ends up being a problem I've half considered breaking things off and then getting back together at some less notable part of the year so that the new anniversary is certain never to conflict with March Madness.

:p

lothar98zag
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
The funny thing is that there's some contention over when our anniversary actually is, and I don't recall having any snafus with watching the NCAA's this time last year when we started dating, so I'm suspect of her recollection :)

If it ends up being a problem I've half considered breaking things off and then getting back together at some less notable part of the year so that the new anniversary is certain never to conflict with March Madness.

:p

:lmao: Good luck w/ that...

canzag
03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
A Canadian Sports Channel picks up the CBS feed as well.Its the Score network.They will be showing games Thursday thru Sunday non stop.

Jabber
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I have a home in Rossland and the full meal deal on cable. Get the major networks out of Spokane, but no ESPN. In Nelson, call the Hume Hotel, they may have a satelitte and get the games. I know they get Spokane Channels. If not, drive down to Northport, WA. - The Whitebird bar. I did that last week to catch the WCC games on ESPN and ESPN 2. Good people, good beer and good food. About 60 minutes from Nelson about 6 miles south of the border.

NorthoftheBorder
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I live here in Nelson. We pick up Krem from Spokane and get the same coverage as everybody else in Spokane.

Every television in every hotel here in Nelson will have Krem available.