PDA

View Full Version : Comments regarding Theo

Zerogame
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
There was some that questioned Binghamton coach Kevin Broadus when he opted to add Tiki Mayben and Theo Davis – two high-profile kids who didn’t work out at their previous destination(s).

Goodman blog from Theo Davis' new coach.

However, Broadus said Mayben has been terrific since arriving on campus after a season at Hudson Valley Community College and Davis, while his effort is sometimes erratic, hasn’t had any issues since transferring from Gonzaga in the middle of last season.

``They know what’s at stake,” Broadus said. “They know they have to play together on and off the court and that the microscope is on them. They have to prove it every day because like I told them, people are watching every move you make.”

``What people don’t realize is that Theo paid his own way second semester,” Broadus added. “So there really wasn’t much of a risk.”

Mayben’s biggest issue is really that he’s a mama’s boy while Davis just isn’t quite as talented as what people thought back in the day coming out of Canada.

Zerogame
09-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Mayben’s biggest issue is really that he’s a mama’s boy while Davis just isn’t quite as talented as what people thought back in the day coming out of Canada.

I thought this quote would have gotten some response. Did his coach say this to motivate Theo? Would Few ever make such a comment? :confused:

This could also answer the question why Few didn't play Davis!

lawzag
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm actually appalled that a coach would say such a thing about one of his players in a public forum! Perhaps that's why I didn't respond to your original post - I was at a loss for words....its one thing for a coach to "think" that, its quite something else for the coach to publicly "announce" that opinion.

roxdoc
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Maybe thats why he is only at Binghamton on the carrier scale.

MDABE80
09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
NO! Theo will show he's a major player. I think the staff judt didn't want th problem. Josh was seriously gone....in Few's eyes. Didn't want him. The Admin made the decision to help Josh. We at GU don't abandon our kids in troubled times. Different with Theo. When Theo's dad got sick, Few decided to NOT have him back when he left. I'm sure coach was thinking "who needs this trouble"? And so it was......we kept Josh and allowed Theo to move on. Don't you guys remember Few saying "He won't be back'? He meant it.

gonzagulous
09-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Did his coach actually say that last line or was that the blog author? It's not in quotes like the rest of the comments from the coach.

Zerogame
09-12-2008, 05:21 AM
This is the link to the story. The coach doesn't have him even starting for the team. He maybe trying to light a fire under Theo, but not very professional in my opionion. I never got to see the kid play much ( this probably explains why ), but I know there was a lot of questioning on Few not playing him. This would erode the confidence of most.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

zagmantis2001
09-12-2008, 07:00 AM
They way I read the quote, it was the blogger's quote, which was just stupid. Way to make a sweeping comment based on absolutely nothing. "Mama's boy"? This is why I hate bloggers, they get legitimized as actual journalists. If it WAS an actual quote from the coach, he needs to watch Bull Durham and apply the lessons in talking to the media or he will be coaching a rec league soon.