PDA

View Full Version : OT - Soccer tailgate party 9/21

lawzag
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
The Spokane Chapter of the Alumni Assoc is hosting a tailgate party before the men's soccer game on 9/21. :)

Event starts at Noon just outside the new soccer field entrance.

Cost = $5 which includes chili, hot dog, beverage (water or beer) & entry into the game!!

What a bargain since usually entry into the game alone costs $5.

Raffle items include a copy of the "Zagmania" book from 1999, autographed by 4 of the 1999 starting 5 .... also raffle items for kids including an autographed soccer ball!

You do NOT have to be an alum to attend.

xjzico
09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
How far along is the new stadium or is it finished? Does soccer have it's own locker rooms or are they still in Martin Center?

The mock up I saw looked pretty cool. If I remember right the old field trended slightly up hill towards the tennis courts. It was really annoying so correcting that would be quite an improvement, let alone adding real stands and lights.

jbslicer
09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
The Ryder Cup might be over by noon so I might go.

Angelo Roncalli
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Here's a link to photos of construction:

http://gozags.cstv.com/view.gal?id=21478

lawzag
09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Construction on the fieldis complete, as is the media tower. They could not get the stadium seating completed before the season started, so only bleacher seating is in place and I assume (yes I know what they say about "assume") construction on that will begin again in the spring.

As far as I know, no new locker rooms have been built.

gu03alum
09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
The field is beautiful. The grass is amazing. We got a tour of it a month ago and I have never stood on grass so nice. It will be a great facility to watch a soccer game.

zagporvida
09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I was in attendance for the women's soccer game on Sunday and it is really a great field. It will only get better when they build the concession stand and locker rooms. I agree with gu03alum, I wish I had that grass at home.

xjzico
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know what improvements other WCC schools have made to their soccer facilities but if they are anything like the late 90's GU should have one of the nicer fields. Nothing will probably beat UP's field but GU would be right there for second in the WCC if the bleachers are replaced. As it stands it's as nice as UW's.