• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigparb
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Secret

Now that it appears Mr. Kong is not going to be on the Zags roster for 08-09 (boo hoo), it seems to me that we have a schollie available for THIS year (yes, I know, quite an astute observation).

I would have thought that this would have generated at least one measly thread, discussing the possibilities of Few and staff mining "the world" for a late bloomer (juco) w/one or two yrs of eligibility or an international kid, who has been mysteriously missed by the rest of the college BB (I recognize that neither scenario is very likely, but one never knows...).

Or does Fewie want to keep it open in order to land 3 more kids for a mega 09-10 class??

I offer this thread up to the Gods of Zagdom and plead for their mercy....and a response.
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I think its too late for this year to add someone to the roster.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Any reason anyone can think of why they couldn't award that scholie to one of th walk-ons, Andy or Chris? It's a year-to-year deal, so no harm done if the kid understands it's this year only, letting the kids have a tuition break - unless they'd lose the ability to bring on a transfer mid-year.

Any reason it would be a bad idea or be precluded by the rules?

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

If a scholie is open, Andrew is a senior and it wouldn't be surprising to see him get that scholie.

I don't foresee all scholies being utilized for this season or next. Time and time again Zag coaches have told me they will not go get a recruit just to be getting a recruit, that they'll wait and try to get kids who they really want.

We are probably not done with Kong. They'll keep at it till 2nd semester, and then if he can't come, weigh options of trying for Kong for just two years of eligibility, if Kong gets approved.

Again, as I've said before, I'd like to see an empty scholie for next spring, to be used for an unexpected transfer after a deep run in March...hopefully.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Ziggy
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Par-ley, anyone?
          "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• sdzag
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Feb 2007

Interesting... I like the idea of a stellar transfer. Also with a big and a small already for 09. The idea of going out and getting talent becomes much easier.
            SDZag does not represent the opinions of San Diego just the San Diegians on the Foo!

Comment

• gonzagulous
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Tommy Lloyd was in the elevator in my hotel when I was in Spokane this past weekend (wow, campus looks great!), and I couldn't help but ask if we'd be seeing Bol Kong any time soon. His response was, "We're working hard on it!"

So .... don't give up hope on ol' Bol yet

Comment

Working...
              X