PDA

View Full Version : soonerterp's Sartorial Corner, v.2

soonerterp
03-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I didn't think those Ohio State uniforms were quite as bad as I originally suspected they would be (they were apparently those new Nike unis). The tops weren't as skin-tight as the computer pictures from earlier this week might have suggested, but there was this feeling I had (and I was about half asleep when I was watching) that they sort of looked like women's jerseys.

If its all the same though, I really don't want to see those unis become the norm.

---------

Also just wondered: When the Zags take their media guide mugshots every season, this year seemed to be a change with the polo shirts. Just wondered what brought that on instead of their wearing their jerseys. This is just me, but a team that always means business year in and year out, I dunno, maybe should have looked more, um, business-like (this is just me but I think I would have favored coats and ties. Sounds stodgy and ironically conservative coming from me of all people, but it's just an idle thought ... please don't shoot me.)

[NOTE -- I started a similar topic on a Maryland forum but I didn't think it would hurt to rewrite it for a different "focus group" if you will, and see what kind of reax there would be ... besides I'm seriously, seriously bored. Mods if you want to move it, fine with me.]

EL MUSTACIO
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Can some1 provide a link to a pic of the jerseys?

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Here ya go El Mustacio: http://men.style.com/news/style/030507

EL MUSTACIO
03-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks FLEX. You rock.
IMO, these unis dont wuite cut it. They're just not the same. They dont really look bad tho. Just my opinion

soonerterp
03-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's a for-reals picture from the Big 10 Semifinal vs. Purdue:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/34/fullj.getty-73464165cc015_big_ten_tourn_2_56_01_pm.jpg

(Sorry its so big ... I don't know how to resize. :( )

sanfranzagsguy20
03-10-2007, 09:48 PM
oden looks like he's 45...especially in that pic

brasszag
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
oden looks like he's 45...especially in that pic

45 and 8 feet tall...

soonerterp
03-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Crap, he's LeBron's dad!