PDA

View Full Version : Mehan: Progress Report on Austin Daye - Sept. 5

ZagNative
09-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Read the rest in Jim Meehan's blog here (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=8214).
Daye said he's worked out some at home and he begins physical therapy Friday.

"It's feeling good," he said. "I can't bend it all way without a little bit of pain but it's going to get there. I think it'll be strong in 3-4 weeks."

Daye had another checkup on his knee Wednesday, this time with GU's medical personnel. ...

"They said (Wednesday) it was a bone bruise and a small ACL tear and that it will be able to heal on its own," Daye said of the latest checkup. "I think it probably has healed on its own by now with all the things I'm able to do."

"I've got to the point where I could jump up and grab the rim if I wanted to and I'm able to make some good cuts and get some lift on my jump shots," he said. "When practice comes around, I'll be playing. And I'll be doing well, too."

SLOZag
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Great news.

Austin -- take the time you need. We aren't impatient, and only want you to get back to 100% safely. We're all family here, and we stand by the rehab that works for you.

CanadianZagFan
09-06-2008, 01:56 AM
I hope he taker his time with this and does not rush back. I am sure the coaching staff will be all over him making sure he sticks to the rehab and does not push to much.

Reborn
09-06-2008, 05:21 AM
I love this part of Austin. He's just so tough. You wouldn't know it by the child-like face he has. But he is tough, and real tough. I loved how he said, and I'm going to be doing well too. I like that kind of confidence. That's the confidence of the stars. That message just reverberated through me. It was like a promise. That is good news for us Zags.....WOW!!!