PDA

View Full Version : To all who entered Yahoo Pick'em!!!

alaskazagnut
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
HEY all!!!!

If you entered the Yahoo pick'em group, please go there and read my message to everyone. I have an idea that I think might be fun to try.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I think you might be overestimating the number of people who take GU all the way in their brackets.

I'll be rooting for them in every game, obviously, but I doubt I'll pick them to go past the round of 16, depending upon how the brackets sort out tomorrow. I would argue that picking GU to lose doesn't make you less of a fan--it just means you're a more realistic madness prognosticator.

Anyway, I say let everyone pick whatever teams they want.

Interesting idea, though.

---

alaskazagnut
03-10-2007, 10:10 PM
If I was being serious I would not take Gonzaga all the way. There is no money at stake with Yahoo. But I always have a bracket that I fill out with Gonzaga going all the way just to see what it would be like and to dream about that last second shot against Duke to win it all. You can fill out other brackets if you want with your real predictions. I just thought it would be cool to have eveyone in our group show the rest of yahoo/the world what we really hope for. I have brackets at work that I pay into that I will probably have Ohio St or Florida going all the way. I still always have Gonzaga going to the Elite 8 though.

Plus since yahoo doesn't have any prizes, just bragging rights, then I am offering a dan dickau autograph to the winner of all of us in our group who choose Gonzaga to go all the way.

Just something different. You are the only one who commented either way so I guess there is not much interest to see how it might play out.

RenoZag
03-11-2007, 07:33 AM
I have never filled out a bracket-- for fun or for $$ -- with GU going to the Final Four, let alone winning the whole thing, Alaska. . .I don't plan to start this year. Maybe in the 2008 tourney. . .?

:)

Good luck with your brackets and the Yahoo Pick Em bracket in particular.

alaskazagnut
03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
I have gotten nothing but negative input for putting Gonzaga to win it all. I must be way out in left field for having Gonzaga winning it all in one of my brackets. Make sure to fill out your brackets with who you think will win it all.