• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theothegreat21
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Congrats to Mark and Marcy Few

This is an Insider article, but there is a great section on the tremendous job that Mark and Marcy did with the Coaches vs Cancer this year. If you cant read the article and want more details check out TKR, as we just put up a write up.
    ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I missed it at first and thought Theo's link was broken, but it turned out the part about Fews was toward the end of the column. Just in case anyone else is similarly confused (bolding added for emphasis):
    • Gonzaga coach Mark Few and his wife, Marcy, did another tremendous job of fund-raising for local cancer charities at their BasketBALL Gala and Golf Classic Aug. 22-23. The event raised $595,000, including $52,000 that will go directly to scholarships for young cancer patients who attend next summer's Camp Goodtimes East. It's a week-long camp for children with cancer to hike, swim and fish and not worry about having to go to the doctor. The Hospice of Spokane also received $37,500 from the event.

The Fews received the prestigious World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame Nell and John Wooden Coaching Achievement Award earlier this year for their work off the court. The BasketBALL Gala and Golf Classic -- which is in its seventh year -- is one of the premier charity events in Spokane. In an era of plenty of bad news, the Fews are doing the right thing by bringing as much attention as possible to the fight against cancer.

• The entertainment at the event was The Mentalist, Gerard Senehi, who dazzled the audience with plenty of psychic entertainment. He bent wine glasses, twisted forks, flipped pens and made watches move ahead by 30 minutes without touching them. The debate about how that occurred went on for hours, but the most amazing telepathy that Senehi performed was on Marcy Few's father, who was asked to think of a game from his past. Her father thought of a game and within minutes, Senehi yelled out the year (1956) and then wrote down the exact score (71-66). Definitely one of the most amazing things I've seen.
    Wow! Almost $600,000 raised!

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

So how DOES somebody know this? Do they somehow cheat? If so, how?

"but the most amazing telepathy that Senehi performed was on Marcy Few's father, who was asked to think of a game from his past. Her father thought of a game and within minutes, Senehi yelled out the year (1956) and then wrote down the exact score (71-66). Definitely one of the most amazing things I've seen. "
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Same thing I was thinking, BZ. Definitely got Andy's attention! Do you suppose Kreskin knows?

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

There has to be a logical explanation. Does he use the power of suggestion, or does he have Jedi powers, or just what?

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

This story from New York Magazine in 2003 just adds to the mystery. Fascinating ...

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

We've got doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, technicians, judges, politicians, truck drivers, teachers, retirees, students, firefighters, et al... But not one psychic?

What's this board come to?!

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

I predict I will give this thread 5 stars. . .
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• EagleZag
                  Redshirt
                  • Feb 2007

Amateur magician, here. I may be wrong, and I wasn't there, but I'll bet the reveal of the score came from an envelope, and it took place after the Marcy's Dad shared his answer.

He writes on a special paper/board through the manila envelope. Sorta like one of those carbon-copy sheets, but more advanced. There's a clip on his site where he does this trick to Ellen, and as she tells him her "word" you can see his hand disappear behind the envelope. He's writing on the back of the sealed envelope with his finger. You'll also notice that when the board comes out of the envelope, it has an odd gloss to it.

Go Zags!

Comment

• BobZag
                    Dark Lord of the Zag
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by EagleZag View Post
                    Amateur magician, here. I may be wrong, and I wasn't there, but I'll bet the reveal of the score came from an envelope, and it took place after the Marcy's Dad shared his answer.

He writes on a special paper/board through the manila envelope. Sorta like one of those carbon-copy sheets, but more advanced. There's a clip on his site where he does this trick to Ellen, and as she tells him her "word" you can see his hand disappear behind the envelope. He's writing on the back of the sealed envelope with his finger. You'll also notice that when the board comes out of the envelope, it has an odd gloss to it.

Go Zags!
                    Thanks, Eagle. I wasn't there, either. Too pricey for this poor boy.

But from the way Andy Katz describes it, it sounds like the psychic guy said the year and score BEFORE Marcy's father said anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X