PDA

View Full Version : Another Reference to the Zags Dominance

NEZAGFAN
09-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I came across this article at: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/53061-countdown-to-college-hoops-70th-reason-to-be-pumped-the-evil-empire

Here's my favorite segment of the article:

Finally, two teams have battled it out to be the evil empire of the little guys—the mid-majors. Gonzaga and Memphis are hated for different reasons, but both because of their status as mid-majors.

Small conference teams don't like the Bulldogs because of the constant comparisons made to Gonzaga. If you are a mid-major and you are successful, at some point somebodies going to compare you to Gonzaga. It's a fact of life and people are sick of it.

roxdoc
09-02-2008, 07:44 AM
LOL Some are sick and tired of being called a mid-major!:lmao:

CDC84
09-02-2008, 08:16 AM
If you are a mid-major and you are successful, at some point somebodies going to compare you to Gonzaga. It's a fact of life and people are sick of it.

I know that the scores of coaches who have been canned the last few years for not making their non-BCS team into a Gonzaga are sick of the comparison.....

BobZag
09-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I relish it.

:D

Angelo Roncalli
09-02-2008, 09:04 AM
It beats the hell out of being irrelevant.

MDABE80
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Just so they get the name right fellas;)...Anyone who's been following GU for say......25 or more years knows what it's like to be "irrelvant" or just plain unknown and not talked about.