PDA

View Full Version : UCLA gets lucky again

dnj116
09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry, but after UCLA stole that win from us in the sweet 16 a few years ago, every time UCLA wins, especially at the end of the game such as today against Tennessee, I get sick to my stomach. This was somewhat similar of a game--UCLA was lousy in the first half and somehow pulled a win out at the end of the game.
Just some venting from an avid UCLA hater

HOOTER
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm also not a UCLA fan, at least as far as basketball is concerned, but I thoroughly enjoyed that football game tonight. Besides, after watching the Vols bring their officials over with them last year and beat up on the Zags, I'm a bit of a Tennessee hater.

Zag79
09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
:lmao:

ucla got lucky? hell im an SC fan and even through my ucla dislike ill give em the credit they deserve! playing with your 3rd string QB, and still managing to come from behind isnt luck. throw in that tenn was ranked and i say you just saw a great college football game and the better team tonight won.

DrDrivel
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Never thought I'd see an 'SC fan say it all about UCLA before I could.

I brazenly stopped doing my job tonight so as to watch the last minutes of the fourth quarter and overtime. That was awesome. I have a good feeling about the Bruins this year. Plus, Neuheisel aside, the UCLA football team has been nothing but class and clean, hard work for as long as anyone can remember, even if not particularly good. So is the basketball team, although I should temper my comments for my audience, since I know most of my fellow Gonzaga fans haven't gotten over the UCLA game yet (or ever will).

If the Bruins can put together a serious squad this year and add a fourth great team to the Pac-10, it could be all-out war atop the conference standings. Oregon and 'SC are good, but not invincible, and while Cal is resilient through their rebuilding, they're hardly a threat to the BCS standings this year. You never know...

Did I mention that I love UCLA?

Zag79
09-06-2008, 12:45 AM
fight on DrD! :D