PDA

View Full Version : After some time to reflect...

HOOTER
08-31-2008, 03:55 PM
...the excitement and optimism has returned full strength. Shortly after the disappointing end last season my fanhood was tested more than ever before and I found my outlook on the future of the Zags to be bleak at best. Of course with all of that a distant memory I've found the anticipation that set's in every year about this time to be as strong as ever. The future is bright and I cannot wait for the season to start.

Go Zags!!!

vparcher
08-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Bleak at best! You're not a fan! Must be a Law student?

HOOTER
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Bleak at best! You're not a fan! Must be a Law student?

A law student, no. A passionate, sometimes over-reactive fan, yes.

Bleak at best may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I was pretty disappointed and I expressed my disappointment quite fervently on this board. Some of my points were valid, some maybe not so much. Oh well, the point is that the season is almost upon us and that is extremely exciting.

Reborn
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Hooter: Don't worry about some of the immature things, especially acqusations, that are said on this board. Any real fan understands your feeling of disappointment, and even deeper feelings of remorse such as agony. A true fan has the ability to suffer right along with the players and coaches and team. It's certainly not all joy, thats for sure, and disappointment is part of the journey.

I have suffered for a few days at the end of every season. I just hate losing, hopefully as the team does. But it never lasts too long for me. Perspective is always my key.

I think things will be much better this year, unless of course we are hit with injuries as we have been lately. I am praying that we have had our share, and it's now time to go on to someone else having them, like UCLA. :D

I am still in search of that one season where we go all the way, and we all end the season on a very high note. Will it be next year? It's hard to say...so many things have to happen. Can it happen? Hell yes!!!

Go Zags.

MedZag
08-31-2008, 11:49 PM
I had to go out to lunch with my academic advisor 45 minutes after the Davidson loss. He wanted to talk to me about my general surgery residency plans. I just wanted to die.

Such are the signs you really care. But the fact that you can shrug off such disapointments and rally behind the boys again... well, that shows you really care too.

bartruff1
09-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Obviously (if you don't count the NIT) only one team ends the season with a win. It would be a wonderful thing, but I don't expect that Gonzaga will ever be that team. I supect they will win 20+ games ...win the WCC ...or maybe the tourney (I already have reservations) in Vegas Baby ....and go to the NCAA.....I would really really like to see them win a couple games in the Dance but when they lose (and they will) I just hope they don't beat themselves. Please not another UCLA GAME.... and I will be grateful. I think to expect more than that is ....well.....foolish...but I will enjoy the journey every step of the way.... and I hope you do also.

Reborn
09-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Foolish=GU fanatics. Well. Probably any fan really. For me it's really nice to be still be able to act foolishly sometimes and be able to get away with it.

HOOTER
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Call me a fool, but I manage to convince myself year after year that they can go all the way, and when they don't, I'm devastated. This cycle has been going on for many years, so you'd think I'd have it figured out by now. Maybe at the end of this season I'll finally be able to bite my tongue and contain my frustration, or maybe I won't have to because were gonna win it all this year!!!