PDA

View Full Version : Is DeAngelo Casto eligible yet?

Zag 77
08-29-2008, 08:59 AM
No reports which one would expect from Wazzu as to whether he has gotten the OK from the NCAA Clearinghouse accepting his board scores and summer school.

It seems to be getting late in the game. What is up?

Zag79
08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
he was in our bracket at the CDA 3on3 tournament. thought it was quite unusual to be playing a guy that was currently playing college hoop. all my zag buds that played had to wait til there careers ended to play in these tournaments.

7ICoug
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
As he attended summer school at WSU.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/785819.html

"THE BASKETBALL BUZZ around Pullman these days is that Klay Thompson, the 6-6 swingman from Santa Margarita, Calif., is going to have instant impact this season. He may not start, at least not initially, but word is that he has the court smarts, moves and athleticism to give the Cougs serious minutes right out of the chute. He’ll play the 2 or the 3, but also could take some turns at the 1.

Another true freshman who sounds like a lock for playing time this season is 6-6 forward DeAngelo Casto of Spokane’s Ferris High. The state Player of the Year has been described as 'even better than advertised' by one observer who has seen him play several times."

7ICoug
09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
No reports which one would expect from Wazzu as to whether he has gotten the OK from the NCAA Clearinghouse accepting his board scores and summer school.

It seems to be getting late in the game. What is up?

Seems to be not odd at all as he graduated from Ferris and that was thought to be his largest hurdle.

I see no reports at all that Goods, Poling, or Goodson are eligible for the Zags. Nor and of the other 6 WSU frosh. There is rarely any press about any of this stuff and certainly not a release unless it is bad news.

As school has started and he is listed I would think all is well.

Zag 77
09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Gee, 71Coug, a little touchy, aren't you? You cannot compare the Zag guys and DeAngelo. I won't go into Dee's past here. That has been beaten to death and the whole basketball world knows his story.

When Dee signed with Wazzu, there was plenty of discussion, including from Tony Bennett that Dee had some work to do to get eligible, and it was by no means a sure thing.

Maybe no news is good news and maybe no news is bad news. All I am saying is that if and when Dee gets eligible, the Wazzu SID will get word to the SpokesCougar Review. The fact that it has not happened yet seems odd, that is all.

7ICoug
11-11-2008, 05:39 AM
Gee, 71Coug, a little touchy, aren't you? You cannot compare the Zag guys and DeAngelo.

Maybe no news is good news and maybe no news is bad news. All I am saying is that if and when Dee gets eligible, the Wazzu SID will get word to the SpokesCougar Review. The fact that it has not happened yet seems odd, that is all.

Well odd of not, the fact is that Dee is playing ball for the Cougars and no annoucement was ever made.

"Freshman DeAngelo Casto led the way with 18 points on 7-for-8 shooting in his first appearance as a Cougar. Casto, a Spokane native, was one of seven freshmen to score.

"I was pretty comfortable playing the game and digging in with the older guys," Casto said."

Guess that's your annoucement:D