PDA

View Full Version : January 29, Physics be damned!

Zerogame
08-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Watch as lightning is bottled in the Kennel. :D

sittingon50
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Which part of the physics, zero; lightning in a bottle, lightning inside or lightning in January?

Zerogame
08-20-2008, 01:09 PM
The lab technicians that night will include certain ZAG players. One to hold the bottle, one to stuff the bottle, and one to cap the bottle. Or, Pargo mans up and takes care of the whole procedure by himself.

BroncoZAG615
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty damn confused.

hondo46
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
But P. Lightning Mills put 20 on the NBA guys with 2 assists, 3 steals and most impressive no turnovers. Should be one hell of a game, down there also.

Zerogame
08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
By the time we get down to St. Mary’s, Meech will have a number of games under his belt. Speed against Speed. It could be a cataclysmic event.
By the way what does happen when two separate streaks of lighting hit head on?

Scotto
08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow saying Meech can do what Chris Paul, Daron Williams, and Jason Kidd couldn't?

sullyzag66
08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow saying Meech can do what Chris Paul, Daron Williams, and Jason Kidd couldn't?
Yeah, just watched that game. Mills could easily be WCC player of the year this season.

JohnOGU
08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
He could be, if GU didnt already have the WCC player of the year in Austin Daye... He's good. Im not too worried about SMC though.

Zags-Bsee
08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
But P. Lightning Mills put 20 on the NBA guys with 2 assists, 3 steals and most impressive no turnovers. Should be one hell of a game, down there also.

Wasn't it a game that didn't matter vs. how USA has been playing in Olympics.

Obviously Mills is a great WCC player, but I would pay 10 to 1 odds he wouldn't get those numbers when the USA plays like they have in the Olympics, unless he was very hot from 3 point land.

He will be a challenge for our defense, and his team with be a great challenge. That is what makes it fun. But I am guessing we will also focus attention on stopping him as well.

My hope is the Zags gets an attitude like Team USA. Especially on defense. We have a lot of talent, experience and ability. :)

sullyzag66
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Wasn't it a game that didn't matter vs. how USA has been playing in Olympics.

Obviously Mills is a great WCC player, but I would pay 10 to 1 odds he wouldn't get those numbers when the USA plays like they have in the Olympics, unless he was very hot from 3 point land.

He will be a challenge for our defense, and his team with be a great challenge. That is what makes it fun. But I am guessing we will also focus attention on stopping him as well.

My hope is the Zags gets an attitude like Team USA. Especially on defense. We have a lot of talent, experience and ability. :)
Those were the numbers he posted during the second game they played with Australia yesterday. That was the Olympic Medal quarterfinal game--loser out. He was the game's second highest scorer with 20 behind Kobe's 25.

Colbyspapa
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Mills is the real deal. I watched that game. Not only did they play tough D on him, they keyed on him during several parts of the game. Dwayne Wade pressed Mills, Chris Paul changed his direction and still he scored 20 and would have had a lot more assists if the Aussies would have made half of the layins they missed at the basket. I counted 5 in the first half alone that were blown from three feet or less.

Mill's shot was nice, but not fantastic. Which leads me to believe this is more of what we can expect (he didn't just have a hot shooting night). He really looked fast in that game and went to the hoop many times against the USA. That kid showed no fear and no nerves and I for one am an instant fan. I just hope he has a bad few games against us next year our defense in Pargo, Micah and Steven have something for him that Kobe, Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade didn't.

As a side note to an earlier post in this thread, I don't think Meech is going to see as much time as everyone keeps saying. He may be great but we have the same excellent guards we had last year in Pargo - who doesn't come out, Steven, Micah and Matt.

hondo46
08-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Colbyspapa wrote "That kid showed no fear and no nerves and I for one am an instant fan."
I became an instant fan last years in the Kennel when in the last second of a heartbreaking loss to our Zags Mr. Mills found Matt Bouldin and gave him a huge bear hug of congradulations. Sportsmanship like that sticks in my memory.

Nevtelen
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I was really impressed with Mill's play during the Olympics in every game I saw. He's the real deal and I'll gladly him on all but 2 or 3 days of the season. Still, I think GU did a pretty good job of stopping him last season, though some good D and really working as a team IIRC. I'm hoping the team can do that again. His shot is fine but still isn't great - I'd say the way to stop him is still to make him into a shooter.

ssorvszag
08-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I bet Mills is in the back of Pargo's mind every day. Pargo has something to prove. Zags have been hard on him and so have the NBA recruits. "He looks thinner and more toned," said Theo. Pargo is most likely stronger and faster too or at least the same. He should be able to stop Mills. Decision making and doninating Mills would put him at a first round pick. I feel Pargo this year may give Mills a run for his $. I hope he does. I would love to hear Theo's thoughts.