PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Theodore

zagster318
03-09-2007, 09:47 PM
While I know the Zags are in his top 3, is Gonzaga still the favorite for his services? When is he supposed to visit?

CDC84
03-09-2007, 10:17 PM
It is my understanding that he should visit sometime this spring. We'll see. I have heard nothing but very positive things about Theodore and GU's chances with him.

He is a rising prospect right now...and his stock is likely to only get higher throughout the summer. It would be nice to get him early. He's nice on offense and exhibits great floor leadership, but what intrigues me most about JT is that he is supposed to be absolute ball hawk on ball defender that totally disrupts offenses. He's a player that takes pride in his defense like Erroll Knight or Quentin Hall. He would be a terrific asset to even the 2008/09 Gonzaga team.

I think Theodore is an important recruit for Gonzaga, and not just because he's a talented point guard in a year where GU is actively recruiting for this position....but also because of where he comes from...New Jersey. For Gonzaga to get a top 50 type high schooler from the east coast is a big thing, but what's even bigger is the fact that the area where he comes from just produces one great prospect after the next. It would be great to see GU get a pipeline going around that area...maybe get a player from that part of the country every 2 or 3 classes. There's tons of talent available.

zagster318
03-09-2007, 10:37 PM
It is my understanding that he should visit sometime this spring. We'll see. I have heard nothing but very positive things about Theodore and GU's chances with him.

He is a rising prospect right now...and his stock is likely to only get higher throughout the summer. It would be nice to get him early. He's nice on offense and exhibits great floor leadership, but what intrigues me most about JT is that he is supposed to be absolute ball hawk on ball defender that totally disrupts offenses. He's a player that takes pride in his defense like Erroll Knight or Quentin Hall. He would be a terrific asset to even the 2008/09 Gonzaga team.

I think Theodore is an important recruit for Gonzaga, and not just because he's a talented point guard in a year where GU is actively recruiting for this position....but also because of where he comes from...New Jersey. For Gonzaga to get a top 50 type high schooler from the east coast is a big thing, but what's even bigger is the fact that the area where he comes from just produces one great prospect after the next. It would great to see GU get a pipeline going around that area...maybe get a player from that part of the country every 2 or 3 classes. There's tons of talent available.

Assuming everyone stays(big assumption), the 2008-2009 Zags should have a legit chance at winning it all.

meadgrad02
03-10-2007, 03:10 AM
people said that about our team last year, i woudn't be saying that right now without getting these recruits.

zagster318
03-10-2007, 07:47 AM
people said that about our team last year, i woudn't be saying that right now without getting these recruits.

And if the Zags didn't suffer one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sports, maybe a different result would have transpired last year. Besides, it's fun to speculate. :p

BobZag
03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Not sure now if JT will unofficially visit this spring, or not. JT would have to pay his own way and his family is far from well-to-do. Next fall for sure, though. I do like our chances.

wazZag
03-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Is that b/c he has to be older to take official visits BZ?

AllezZags
03-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I have always read things about Theodore's offense (specifically his handles, quickness and passing). I have to say I really like what you are saying about him being a disruptive, lock-down defender. We all know that is a HUGE asset in the system we play. When our defense is good, we can play with anyone. When our defense struggles, it is very frustrating to watch.

BobZag
03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
NCAA rules do not allow official (paid for) visits until the beginning of recruits' senior year of high school.