PDA

View Full Version : GU Officially out of the Gaddy Sweepstakes.

NEZAGFAN
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
"My top five are Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Memphis and UCLA," Gaddy said. "It will come down to that bond with the coaching staff."

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=836648

spudzag
08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
That's good, let's get down to real candidates.

Could probably cross of 1/2 the names on the various lists.

omahazag
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
That's good, let's get down to real candidates.

Could probably cross of 1/2 the names on the various lists.

Agree, Spud. And if we don't land the recruits the staff is really after, I wouldn't mind us dipping into the JC ranks and bringing in a big with experience and the ability to make an immediate, granted short term, impact ala a guy named JP.

JAGzag
08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a legit question (well, semi legit). Why the hell would a college basketball player put UW on the short list and not GU? Is it that Seattle thing? Second question, how can UW attract all this talent and still suck?

zag67
08-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Because Washington is in the Pac 10 and it is west of the mountains. Close to home. Romar has probably been working on the family for years.
Those are the only ones that I can think of. Any other U.W. statements would be probably negative.

CDC84
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
CDC prediction = Gaddy back to Arizona

theothegreat21
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I expect Gaddy to go to a school where for the most part he is guaranteed to start as a freshman, and get to the NBA as a one and done. Honestly, with the complexity of Mark Few's offense, and a guy named Demetri Goodson waiting in the wings, Gaddy would not have come here and started as a freshman. While Meech may not have recieved the accolades and 5 star ranking that Gaddy does, he will make us not worry at all about not being in the hunt for Gaddy. Meech is that good

NEZAGFAN
08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I believe Gaddy and Bradley will both end up at Memphis.

zag67
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I do not know about both, but I think Gaddy will. They have a proven system of sending players to the pros in a 1 or 2 and done.

freezer12
08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
I do not know about both, but I think Gaddy will. They have a proven system of sending players to the pros in a 1 or 2 and done.

He may not even be allowed to go there. At this point, I'd say, "I doubt it."

MississppiZag
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Gaddy is Ariaona bound. Texas has Bradley wrapped up, unless he can qualify for UCLA. In all likelihood he will be a Longhorn.

spokanebruin
08-12-2008, 06:43 AM
I believe Gaddy and Bradley will both end up at Memphis.

Memphis wont get either of them. Gaddy to 'zona and Bradley to Texa$:mad:

JAGzag
08-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Memphis wont get either of them. Gaddy to 'zona and Bradley to Texa$:mad:

Yeah, UCLA has a lot to complain about when it comes to losing recruits! You must be gloating ...

spokanebruin
08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, UCLA has a lot to complain about when it comes to losing recruits! You must be gloating ...

No...not gloating. i've never believed Gaddy was an option at UCLA. He wants to play right away and Anderson will be around at least 3 years. UCLA has never gotten Bradley's transcripts so i gave up on him awhile ago. Snaer is the one i wanted. Even though he visited UCLA last week...He will probably announce for Missouri very soon. Marshall looks to be the next one up. I'm hopeful we pick up the pace on his recruitment.

BobZag
08-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I predicted Gaddy to Arizona and Bradley to Texas. Hicks says they're the best guard tandem he's ever seen come out of one school at the same time.

cjm720
08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I want to see them stick together and go play in Italy!

spokanebruin
08-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I predicted Gaddy to Arizona and Bradley to Texas. Hicks says they're the best guard tandem he's ever seen come out of one school at the same time.

i haven't seen alot of Gaddy...but Bradley is a beast. Plays both ends of the court.

BobZag
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I saw both play at a GU team camp. Very dynamic. But if they were to stay together in college, and, say, Gaddy excelled while Bradley struggled, I wonder if there'd be some degree of jealousy. It happened with the Stewart twins. Sometimes it's best to split, and I think they will.

Vizagra
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Bradley moved to Tacoma his 8th Grade year from Texas and still has family down there I believe. I bumped into Coach Salazar during Hoopfest and dropped some subtle hints that he needed to push Gaddy our way, but he gave no indication at the time that Gaddy was even interested. I think he will be AZ bound like many of you said.