PDA

View Full Version : Quandry

ZAGduck
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
As my user name suggests, I am a Zag fan and a Duck fan. "ZAG" is in all caps first, "duck" in in small letters, listed second - a Zag first and foremost. I am a Gonzaga alumnus who has lived in Eugene for 14 years and been a Duck season ticket holder for 10 years. I am also a Zag season ticket holder.

I can't tell you how proud I am of both teams. Both overcame mid-season struggles and are peaking at the right time. I have been at every Duck home game this year, plus the GU games vs. Texas, Portland, and the WCC final. My biggest fear is that they will end up in the same bracket some how. Is this reaslistic? I do not want these teams to play each other this year. I can't handle this kind of stress. Don't get me wrong, I will root for the Zags to the end, but it will probably end up costing me my marriage!

Hopefully I will get to "come home" to Spokane next weekend to root for my Ducks. At the start of the season, I fully expected the see GU there as a 'close to home' seed. Now I may end up there wearing green and yellow instead of blue and red.....

Rubbadub
03-09-2007, 09:42 PM
What is the quandry in all that?

meadgrad02
03-10-2007, 03:18 AM
right now i think that oregon will stay more west than GU will. in most brackets i see GU playing in buffalo or lex. i think that oregon has played it's way in playing closer to the west coast. i hope they don't have to play each other until 'deep' into the tourney. (my dream of course...)