PDA

View Full Version : Nice GU Basketball Senior Banquet tonight

Zag 77
03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
My wife and I attended the annual Basketball Senior Banquet tonight for the first time. Held at MCarthey Center. Main course was Roughy and Risotto and Sodexho did a nice job with it.

Tom Hudson was MC and all the coaches and players were enjoying themselves. Derek was relaxed and smiling and Few was as chatty as I have ever seen him. Leon Rice did a good imitation of Henny Youngman with his one-liners. Lots of former Zag players there. Nice simple speeches by Mallon and Raivio. A very warm, heartfelt speech by Senior team manager Bubba Filios.

Lots of photos and autographs with the players who all seemed to be in a good mood and don't seem at all uptight or worried about what is ahead for them.

TheZagPhish
03-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Main course was Roughy and Risotto

Roughy and Risotto sound like the names of two tough ballers: "Roughy whip-passes in to Risotto who DUNKS it right over the top of Asparagus! Oh my goodness folks!"

Must be the madness taking hold. ;)

Honestly though, that sounds like a terrific evening. I'm happy to hear that all those guys are relaxed and composed.

meadgrad02
03-10-2007, 03:07 AM
hey zag.. just wondering how you knew about this dinner. I'm a season ticket holder and never knew how to buy a ticket for the event. just wondering how you knew, if it was public knowledge or for only season ticket holders. send me ez message, thanks, mead.

soonerterp
03-10-2007, 06:36 AM
No pictures? :(

Roughy sounds good ...

Glad you had a good time.

Zagpower
03-10-2007, 06:36 AM
We received a postcard invitation a couple weeks ago for this event. It was the first one that we have attended but won't be the last. They put together a humorous video featuring DRav, Mallon, and Pendo busting on each other that was good. Was also a good place to get the players autographs. I tried getting a ball signed by the team, but Foster and Bouldin high-tailed it out of there as soon as dinner ended. Got everyone else and added Blake Stepp's sig to the ball. Always good to see Blake.
Great to see one of my all-time favorite posters, Mediant, at the event. Very fun night!