PDA

View Full Version : 1,000th Post

Angelo Roncalli
08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped make this board a success.

Here's a little known fact. The person who is largely responsible for originating this board--Ken Sands--is one of internet journalism's true pioneers. Ken is now the online Executive Editor for Innovation for the Congressional Quarterly. From GUBoards to Congressional Quarterly. Not too bad.

From the reports I have received, this is one of the most successful independent (not affiliated with Scout or Rivals) college sports fan message sites.

Thanks to those who moderate this site and to those who report spam and other transgressions.

Thanks to those such as Section116 and Zagnative who comb the internet for information and links to Zag-related stories.

Thanks to our friends from other WCC schools such as IronLions, Pilot Nut, Freezer12, and MJGoGaels for dropping by and playing in our sandbox. To those who want to lift their legs in our sandbox, well, that's why there's a delete function.:)

Thanks to the many very good friends I've made through this community and to the old friends with whom I've reconnected after many years.

Thanks to Uber for sucking up more than his share of negative rep.

Above all, Go Zags!

HRZag
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Angelo,

Many thanks to you for making this board happen. It really is a great resource for all Zag fans.

Thanks too, for the many things you do behind the scenes for all of us.

Congratulations.

Go Zags!

MickMick
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Go Zags!!!

BobZag
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Everything Angelo said.

Mucho gracias to all the senors, senoras and senoritas who post and contribute.

MedZag
08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Thirded.

This is hands down the best message board community I have come across, and I've belong to and even run quite a few. It's not of its own accord, a lot of hard work is involved, both by those in authority and members for making their contributions thoughtful.

Go Zags!

ZagNative
08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Congrats, Angelo, and a big "Thank You," for all you do!

MBZags
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Thank you Angelo for helping moderate the forum and for helping me out on a few occasions. I appreciate it! :)

RenoZag
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
;)

Angelo, you're a slacker. You should have been to at least 2,000 posts by now.

kitzbuel
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
It is the members of this board that definitely make it a success. The contributions from the members are what make it worthwhile checking in everyday if not every hour.

Thanks Angelo for your help along with BZ, CDC and others who were committed to maintaining an independent board and really made it happen.

JLGutrocks
08-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks to all the Admins and Mods..accept (that's for you Uber) for the MIA post-padder general. When he returns, well, we'll talk about it then.

Sincerely thanks for giving us this gift of a site.

:)

katman50
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Keep up the great work, all you guys and gals who make this such a fun, interesting and informative board.

CDC84
08-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd also like to echo what Angelo said about Section116, Zagnative and others when it comes to their helping hand in making this site what it is. One of the positive aspects of their efforts is that we are getting more open discussion about recruiting than ever before, which keeps this board from being a wasteland during the offseason. This was a worry of mine when we transitioned over to this site. It turns out that we are seeing more board activity during the offseason than ever before. But that is also a credit to the regular posters on this board who are bringing better and better thought provoking analysis to the table.

Akzag
08-09-2008, 11:35 AM
And a grand, grand they have been ....

Continued thanks to all who keep it going, while still making it interesting and maintaining the high level of content.

Oregon Zag
08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I want to add my thanks, as well. The members of this board are great. I feel very close to some of them and there are others I would really like to get to know better. Thanks to the administrators for making this such a successful forum. Go Zags! OregonZag

NJZag
08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks to our friends from other WCC schools such as IronLions, Pilot Nut, Freezer12, and MJGoGaels for dropping by and playing in our sandbox.

I've met Freezer12 and Freezer12 is "good people" ... in an equine sort of way. :horse:

:D

gueastcoast
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
thank you to Angelo and all the mods/admins for what is truly a public service...sorta like a utility (remember those)? :o

freezer12
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I've met Freezer12 and Freezer12 is "good people" ... in an equine sort of way. :horse:

:D

I don't know who you are, so don't falsely say you know me. Oh, and your "joke" wasn't funny.

It's comical that a shout out was given to other WCC participants because those that were named is all that there are. We're few and far between.

Bing
08-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't know who you are, so don't falsely say you know me. Oh, and your "joke" wasn't funny.

It's comical that a shout out was given to other WCC participants because those that were named is all that there are. We're few and far between.

Based on Angelo's post, it looks like the Gonzaga board has done pretty well without the leglifters. OTOH, at least one of the other WCC boards thrives because the leglifters like to talk about everything that's happening on our board. Now that is pure comedy.

bigblahla
08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Angelo,

Here's to the next 1000 and more and then and then and....

This is a great forum. It's good to be a Zag Fan(anatic). :D

Go!! Zags!!!

Zags-Bsee
08-10-2008, 12:24 PM
My thanks as well for great entertainment value. Getting to know the team well, makes the season that much more fun. I appreciate everyone who contributes. Thanks

Special thanks to those that run the board and keep it running at a high level. Not an easy task. Thanks

GoZags
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Special thanks to those that run the board and keep it running at a high level. Not an easy task. Thanks

Bigtime kudos to BobZag and Angelo. That's quite a testement for a non - football school's message board forum. The most successful "non - affiliated" website. Awesome.

As to the high level of this forum, and the effort it takes --- please know that it's a labor of love.

In my opinion, as is the case with the Zags -- I believe the best is yet to come.

MJGoGaels
08-10-2008, 07:31 PM

BZZZ. Wrong. There are many more actually that have met in person, welcome one another in each others home college towns, and dialogue outside this website.

You guys should have told Angelo that each post was worth a billable hour. Clearly, I find coming over hear worth a few precious minutes periodically.

Lets debate the coming season starting October 15th after all the pundits have spoken. I seem to recall a few good exchanges about Gael and Bulldog matchups without flames. Last season was closer than some believed on this board, and to the extent I contribute to a reality check or just fun so be it.

Freezer12 - just for you even though we've never met.
"Bronco Meat, Bronco Meat,
How d' ya like it, how d' ya like it,
RAW, RAW, RAW!"

gozagswoohoo
08-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Great post, ditto what Angelo says. I would be lost without this board. :(

MDABE80
08-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Debate the season soon enough MJ. Soon enough. I just notcied that the WCC is predicted to be a multibid conference for the NCAA tournament. SM, Zags and possibly Billy's kids in SD. Hope it's true.

Meanwhile though, I don't know if we understand how hard the owners, Mods, etc work to keep this board going. It's really quite a treasure. And so, I issue a hearty "THANKS" to the Mods.and THANX to ZN without whose work we woudn't be so entertained or informed. Well done peoples.:)

OZZag
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
As we say "down under" On ya! AR, may there B a thousand more. Congrats MDABE80 for 1000 also!

This board is addictive and I spend too much work time on it!!!!

Thanks to all (especially ZN and BZ) of you who make contributions.....and offer your personal opinions. You all make me feel closer to the action.

To my fellow Northerners and Aussies stay tuned we may be making major contrubutions to the Zag cause!

OZZAg.

Go Zags

ZagNative
08-10-2008, 10:01 PM
But maybe it can't wait ... something understated and tasteful for the ceiling of the GUboards foyer:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Travel/Germany/Garmisch/Ludwigsmotto.jpg

The translation I was given at the time I saw the original at Schloss Linderhof in Germany was the equivalent of

"We Are the Greatest!"

*Only King Ludwig used the "I" word, didn't understand the team concept and was probably a ball hog.

NJZag
08-11-2008, 04:29 AM

Oh dang, my efforts at "going green" and environmentally friendly, with positive rep for Freezer12, have been overcome (once again) by the forces of the red-button reppers.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/crisantad/gogreen.jpg

PMs are squaring away the "met" and the "know" ... but for now, how's about some positive rep for Freezer12 who seemed to be a fun and funny guy in person. :D

Reborn
08-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Congrats to Angelo and MDABE for all you say and do. You've helped make this an outstanding, entertaining Board. You're close to the Heart, and that's a good place to be. To me it's all about Spirit. And I think that that has always what has made the Zags so special. I hope we never forget that.

a13coach
08-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh dang, my efforts at "going green" and environmentally friendly, with positive rep for Freezer12, have been overcome (once again) by the forces of the red-button reppers.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/crisantad/gogreen.jpg

PMs are squaring away the "met" and the "know" ... but for now, how's about some positive rep for Freezer12 who seemed to be a fun and funny guy in person. :D

Okay NJ, Turned him green on your say so...but if he messes up just once I shall call out the FOO and he will never see green again. :)

TheZagPhish
08-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Okay NJ, Turned him green on your say so...but if he messes up just once I shall call out the FOO and he will never see green again. :)

Big stick. :p

Agreed with all the praise on this thread. This site is responsible for more lost productivity in my cube that anything. And that's a very good thing.

Huge thanks to all those who work behind the curtain!

NJZag
08-11-2008, 09:01 AM

Way to go, a13, because we must be all about the "love" in the WCC off-season.

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/imagebank/6366_home_image.jpg

And it's a miracle to see how the awesome forces of FOO have already turned the tide!!!

cjm720
08-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all everyone. What a great site this is!!!

GO ZAGS!!!!

LongIslandZagFan
08-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks to all the pollyannas out there (I have been known to be one from time to time) and to all the negative nancys, at least the ones who know how to do negativity the right way (Jazzy, waiting for you to return from the offseason). Remember folks without the naysayers this board would not be nearly as fun or spirited. Kudos to all that respect Bob's livingroom that they are addicted to hanging out in.

This board has been known to suck people in that have no affiliation with the Zags (83Topper came and never left, nor would we want him to). Thanks to all.

UberZagFan
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks to Uber for sucking up more than his share of negative rep.

Somebody has to do it or else it would all go to those that offered a minority opinion.

Thanks to all the Admins and Mods..accept (that's for you Uber) for the MIA post-padder general. When he returns, well, we'll talk about it then.

How many times does Uber have to explain the proper usage of accept and except!!!! ;)

And let Uber offer his thanks to AR and BZ and all the other mods that make this site bearable! And a special thanks to AR for his willingness to drive to the UP game.

IrishZagFan
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Way to go, a13, because we must be all about the "love" in the WCC off-season.

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/imagebank/6366_home_image.jpg

And it's a miracle to see how the awesome forces of FOO have already turned the tide!!!

The Foo, the equivalent of the waiting room while waiting for basketball season......

Beware the power of the Foo!