PDA

View Full Version : Salute to Spitz

75Zag
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I think this BB season is Fr. Spitzer's last as president of GU. While he and I are about as far apart on the political spectrum as anyone could be, he is still a good guy. In fact, he was the roommate of my wife's older brother while he was a student at GU and as I recall, he and I lifted a few brewskis together before he found the Lord. And we have lifted a few more recently, but in a much more more "civilized" alumni association context.

In any event (and perhaps this should be posted at the GU / Alumni money grabbing web site instead of here) how about some appropriate plans to salute Fr. Spitzer on his way out? A national championship would be nice, but while we are working our way towards that lofty goal, any ideas on how to salute the "three topics" guy as he participates in various WCC away games? I might be able to arrange him being burned in effigy at UP, but that is not quite what I had in mind. Suggestions? Three Suggestions?

Apologies to non-GU folks.

MBZags
08-04-2008, 07:41 PM
In one of my Journalism classes, Dale Goodwin (Gonzaga's PR guy) gave us a sheet with all these amazing statistics and fact that the basketball team has accomplished, due in large part to Father Spitzer's hard work. I wish I had the sheet still - the only thing I do have is a story we wrote based on those facts.