03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Stew Morrill (ex Zag) is some coach.

Birddog
03-09-2007, 06:19 PM
and Oklahoma State beats Texas A&M!

Birddog

LargeWilliam
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
What a day. Lots of bubbles popping today with all the "upsets." My remote is in need of B-12. Got so bad this afternoon that my bubba and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings so we could see more games. Dang I love March.

Rubbadub
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Just think of how scary all these upsets would have been if we hadn't have won the wcc tourny...i'm glad i don't often have to experience the same bubble trouble as all of the middle of the road bcs team fans do year after year.

meadgrad02
03-10-2007, 03:28 AM
the bulldogs would have really been sweatin this week if they hadn't won the tourney... so nice that we won it, and left everything up to the committee, whoever we play... they better be aware... these dogs are FOR REAL....

RenoZag
03-10-2007, 06:35 AM
From cbssportsline:

" Xavier and Nevada screwed all bubble teams with losses in the Atlantic 10 and WAC tournaments because now the A-10 and WAC -- both considered one-bid leagues 24 hours ago -- will each give their automatic bids to somebody not named Xavier and Nevada while Xavier and Nevada claim at-large bids. (Note to Xavier and Nevada: Missouri State, Drexel and Old Dominion hate you. So does Florida State, West Virginia and Appalachian State.) "

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10051147

RenoZag
03-10-2007, 06:43 AM
From today's Reno Gazette Journal, an assessment of the importance of Kyle Shiloh. . .

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- No one was in a better position to gauge just how much the Nevada basketball team missed Kyle Shiloh, who was sidelined with a hamstring injury, than Utah State's Jaycee Carroll.

Shiloh has been a defensive nemesis of Carroll for the last two seasons. With Shiloh on the bench in a sweatsuit, Carroll had his biggest game ever against Nevada as he scored 24 to lead the Aggies past the Pack, 79-77, in a semifinal game of the Western Athletic Conference Tournament on Thursday.

It was the biggest scoring night that the 6-foot-2 junior has had in six games against Nevada, and he and the Aggies are 3-3 in those games. Lyndale Burleson, who had shared the defensive duties against Carroll with Shiloh in the two regular season games, started in Shiloh's place Thursday.

TexasZagFan
03-10-2007, 08:05 AM
From today's Reno Gazette Journal, an assessment of the importance of Kyle Shiloh. . .

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- No one was in a better position to gauge just how much the Nevada basketball team missed Kyle Shiloh, who was sidelined with a hamstring injury, than Utah State's Jaycee Carroll.

Shiloh has been a defensive nemesis of Carroll for the last two seasons. With Shiloh on the bench in a sweatsuit, Carroll had his biggest game ever against Nevada as he scored 24 to lead the Aggies past the Pack, 79-77, in a semifinal game of the Western Athletic Conference Tournament on Thursday.

It was the biggest scoring night that the 6-foot-2 junior has had in six games against Nevada, and he and the Aggies are 3-3 in those games. Lyndale Burleson, who had shared the defensive duties against Carroll with Shiloh in the two regular season games, started in Shiloh's place Thursday.

I was wondering how long it was going to be before a player slipped and injured themselves on those stupid banners on the floor! It's just not worth the 30 pieces of silver the hosts/conferences receives for the extra advertising. As if knowledgeable fans won't know the name of the bleeping conference that's being shown! :argh:

fedwayzag
03-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow, Stew Morrill. When I went to a GU basketball camp, (in 1975) he was doing some instructing. His name brings back some memories. Adrian Bonecristini (sp) was the head coach then.

RenoZag
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Wow, Stew Morrill. When I went to a GU basketball camp, (in 1975) he was doing some instructing. His name brings back some memories. Adrian Bonecristini (sp) was the head coach then.

Adrian B. is now the assistant men's coach at Galena High School in Reno, Luke Babbitt's school. . .

fedwayzag
03-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Reno, thankd for the info at Adrian B. Hope all is well with he and his family. That guy had the loudet voice I have ever heard.