• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Wow! They said it couldn't be done! GoZags.com Gets a Face Lift

Pretty Fancy looking! IMG makes its mark early, with a new look for the official site?
    • Feb 2007

Five Stars!

It certainly is different ... might take a while to get used to it.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Boy, I think it's fabulous. Check out the main menubar for the dropdown lists. All that stuff may have been available on the site previously, but I certainly never found it, perhaps due to my pitiful vision.

Love the way the compliance stuff shows up. Could it be that help is on the way when I am looking for info on NCAA rules regarding recruiting, etc?

They could and likely will do more, now that it's in a more manageable and accessible format.

Others may disagree, but I'm liking the heck out of it.

Check out the "News" link in the left side menubar. That led to me finding the story about the Orlando OK St. - Zags game.

Comment

• freezer12
        Not Zag Material
        • Feb 2007

Just to clarify, IMG probably didn't have anything to do with this. They will be responsible for any advertising on the website, not look and content.

The website is run through CBS College Sports (notice logo at bottom of page), formerly known as CSTV. The GU Athletic Department (sports info & marketing) most likely worked with CBS College Sports on the redesign.

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Well, whoever did it, all I can say is Bravo! The timing following up so soon after the IMG deal had nothing to do with it, you think?

Comment

• freezer12
            Not Zag Material
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
            Well, whoever did it, all I can say is Bravo! The timing following up so soon after the IMG deal had nothing to do with it, you think?
            I'm just telling you from my experience. The only part IMG played is where ads are on the website and what is sponsored, like the Jr. Zags Club sponsored by Yoke's Fresh Market.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

It's a start. At least the old articles have been pulled.
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

The headlines in the bottom of the opening MBB page haven't changed, though. To see new stories, you have to click the "News" button on the right.

And if you want a chuckle, to see how much work is still to be done, IMO, go to the "Inside Athletics" Tab at the time and check out the "Compliance" section. Last "weekly update" is dated March 14, 2006. Browse around there, and you'll see the compliance staff is obviously busy with other duties than providing information to potential boosters who might get the University into hot water with prohibited contacts.

Trouble is, I think other universities also offer similar pitiful fare on their compliance websites. Marquette's for example didn't look any better.

Comment

Working...
                X