PDA

View Full Version : Meech

boisezag
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Being out of the area, I visit this site from time to time to catch up and I appreciate the local insights. Having spent a week in Spokane, and having witnessed three Zag scrimmages during this time, I feel it is my turn to return the favor. Here goes... Our new point guard from Houston is the real deal. His athleticism, instincts and court knowledge are advanced, but his speed is simply unreal. Having watched him for three nights, I am beyond impressed and have no doubt he can contribute and/or dominate out of the gate. Our rotation of Pargo, Gray, Bouldin and Gibson will be something to watch, but Gibson may soon develop into the cream of the crop. Few's challenge will be finding enough minutes for these four guards and I believe Meech will be receiving national attention in the very near future. What a great recruit.

zagfan24
07-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks boisezag...any comparisons on the ncaa level you could think of? It's probably the texas thing, but I always imagine us getting a DJ Augustine type. How did his jump shot look?

gufan3434
07-25-2008, 08:25 PM
meech looks great. great athleticism, when he attacks this baskets he isnt afraid of contact with anyone! he takes a hit and can complete the bucket against anyone, jump shot for him isnt a problem...no worries. great recruit

Nevtelen
07-25-2008, 08:37 PM
You said Gibson - I assume you meant Goodson? Or have Meech and Grant Gibbs acquired the ability to combine into a Voltron clone? Now *that* would be a good guard. :D I bet Voltron could throw down some nasty dunks, though those lion hands might inhibit his ball-handling a bit...

Just giving you a hard time. :) Seriously, welcome to the board and thanks for the report!

BobZag
07-26-2008, 09:21 AM
If you venture down to GU, the fellas play every night this weekend at 9pm in K2. Just follow the campers in. :)

JoeZag
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I was at the scrimmages all week as well and Meech was awesome the first night. BoiseZag is fairly accurate in his assessment; this kid isn't afraid of contact and can penetrate like a mad man. He wasn't quite as active the last couple of nights, but still very good. His jumper is a little inconsistent, but the form isn't bad. Gibbs is a very good shooter and he understands the game very well already. He scored on a number of back-cuts and transition plays. Poling is WAY too thin and was getting pushed around by everybody, much to the chagrin of Alex Hernandez. His shot also has a low release point and it looks funny. He should definitely redshirt because he isn't going to help this year. Sacre looked a little more comfortable in the low post, but he still has miles to go on his offensive game. Big Will ran the floor well, but he still needs to work on his offense too. Nobody else really stood out. Pargo did a lot of cursing and complaining (not the best example in front of the young campers), but I guess it was his competitive nature. He kept claiming that his team hadn't lost a scrimmage game all week (he might have been right). Matt only played the last night (he looks ripped) and he told me that he was getting over a case of 'pink eye'. Micah didn't play in the games but did participate in the camp activities. Of course Josh was still in his boot, but his shot looked good when he was at camp. Steven Gray has one of the prettiest shots on the planet and he shot very well. They have a whole bunch of potential, but it will be interesting to see if they can put it all together. I can't wait for the season!

MickMick
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Meech! Meech! Meech!

cjm720
08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the report! The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow!

GO ZAGS