Spain
USA
Argentina
Greece

Make your predictions.

ZagNut08
07-25-2008, 06:44 PM
USA

I think they are actually playing with an attitude that they have something to prove. Plus, Kobe and his defense will be a great addition to the team this year

Nice warm up win over Canada 65-120 today

zag67
07-25-2008, 07:08 PM
USA beating Argentina. I think that should be psyched to play. Therefore play harder and not so much for the individual stats.

CaliforniaZaggin'
07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm starting the chant early... U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!

deathchina
07-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Usa

zagfan08
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
USA.

Focused and talented. They have a decent coach too.

Nevtelen
07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I hate to side with the pack, but I think the US will take it. I do predict at least 1 nailbiter, though. Most NCAA champs have that one game they just win by a hair and I don't think this Olympics will be different.

Scotto
07-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Gold Spain
Silver Greece
Bronze USA

CanadianZagFan
07-26-2008, 03:30 AM
The US should take it, but Spain will be solid as well as the Greek team.....Argentina can not be taken lightly as well.

Maybe one day we will see Sacre and Arop suit up for the Canadian Senior natioanl team!

BobZag
07-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Gold - Greece
Silver - Spain
Bronze - Argentina

deathchina
07-26-2008, 09:16 AM
quick note : despite the USA's recent "struggles" we are still number 1 in FIBA's rankings by a substantial margin.

thespywhozaggedme
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Gold - Greece
Silver - Italy
Bronze - Argentina

I'm trying to decipher your hidden message. You obviously know that Italy didn't even make it, so.........hm?

Gold: Spain
Silver: USA
Bronze: Greece

FrosTbear
07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Gold - USA
Silver - Italy
Bronze - Greece

BobZag
07-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to decipher your hidden message. You obviously know that Italy didn't even make it, so.........hm?

Gold: Spain
Silver: USA
Bronze: Greece

I meant Spain and mistakenly wrote Italy. Oops.

zagco
07-26-2008, 06:58 PM
We're playing in a communist country. Thus, the Soviet Union will win.:D

MDABE80
07-26-2008, 08:45 PM
USA will win the Gold. IF the guys can breath (looks iffy), if the guys don't get arrested and IF they play defense. Other than that, Spain Greece and China( home team by some odd farce) gets the rest.

LongIslandZagFan
07-28-2008, 06:12 AM
1) Argentina
2) Greece
3) USA

We will choke yet again and there is nothing Coach K can do that all the other coaches in the past couldn't manage to do. Our system is broken and that will cause us to continue this downward slide.

SLOZag
07-28-2008, 08:05 AM
I got this from an "older" fan of international basketball:

The winner will be ... Czechoslovakia!

:D

sonuvazag
07-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Yugoslavia

brian_sun
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
USA will win the Gold. IF the guys can breath (looks iffy), if the guys don't get arrested and IF they play defense. Other than that, Spain Greece and China( home team by some odd farce) gets the rest.

Abe: I am not sure what your agenda against the Chinese are. But I guess the most populace nation hosting the Olympics game for the first time is a farce. I am guessing they should never get a chance to host. This is the Olympics, this isn't politics. This isn't hosting some G8 meeting or world peace conference on Darfur. Why would the Chinese government arrest the USA basketball team members in such a humonguous world stage when everyone's watching?

There is no doubt the air is poor in Beijing. I probably visited the city 10 times in my life. The first time I was there was in 1981, when I was a 7 year old kid. I stayed that for a month and nothing happened. There wasn't much industrialization back then. After my second visit there in 1997, every time I stayed there for over 3 days, I get strapped throat or felt my lung was going to explode. They said it was because the sand storm blowing in from the Mongolian desert, but I didn't know why back in the early 80's things were fine. I lived in LA before, but trust me, Beijing's air is much worse.

But the USA team will live in a 5 star hotel and play in an indoor stadium, possibly the best basketball stadium in the world. They aren't going to get exposed to the Beijing air that much. They will be fine.

My pick for gold medal is still the USA. Silver goes to Spain and the Greek will take the bronze. China will have their best finish in history in 5th place.

BroncoZAG615
07-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Abe: I am not sure what your agenda against the Chinese are. But I guess the most populace nation hosting the Olympics game for the first time is a farce. I am guessing they should never get a chance to host. This is the Olympics, this isn't politics. This isn't hosting some G8 meeting or world peace conference on Darfur. Why would the Chinese government arrest the USA basketball team members in such a humonguous world stage when everyone's watching?

I took Abe's comment as meaning that he hopes the USA team (Carmelo Anthony) can keep their noses clean.

I'm sure they will be fine. Melo turns into a completely different player/person when he puts a team USA jersey on.

Rubbadub
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM

:lmao: