PDA

View Full Version : Theo Mentioned in Katz Blog

NEZAGFAN
07-23-2008, 10:09 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3501752&name=katz_andy

Last winter, Broadus grabbed former Iowa State signee and Gonzaga player Theo Davis. Davis injured his shoulder in 2006-07 at Gonzaga and was suspended in February 2007 following his arrest, along with GU center Josh Heytvelt, for drug possession. Davis was reinstated to the team last October and transferred to Binghamton last winter. He'll be eligible after the fall semester this season.

"He's as good as anybody we've got," Broadus said of the 6-foot-9 Davis, who is originally from Ontario.

I can post the full article if requested, it is mainly referring to Binghamton players and there recent run ins with the law.

MDABE80
07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Hardly a ringing endorsement......."as good as anybody we got"...this from Binghamton. Caught my attention right away. ;)

thespywhozaggedme
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Just outta curiosity I started doing a little research on Binghamton. We thought we had some team turmoil with Josh. One of their former players, a Serbian national, apparently got into a bar fight and beat the other guy into a coma, fled back to Serbia and may face extradition chatges and the feds may get involved. WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/local/team?id=2066

ZagNut08
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I was/am pretty bummed he left. I know it was for family reasons, but he would have been a great assets to this years team (last years too)

Nevtelen
07-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I was/am pretty bummed he left. I know it was for family reasons, but he would have been a great assets to this years team (last years too)

Agreed. Obviously we saw extremely little of him on the court, but it seems like he left a big gaping hole at his position when he left. He really could have been a fantastic asset for the team had he stayed, I think. Too bad.

On another note, I hope his father is doing better than when he left.

MedZag
07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Theo's a great guy. Kind of quiet, very humble. Wish we could have seen him succeed at GU, but I am very happy he is getting an opportunity somewhere else.