PDA

View Full Version : Cool letter answered by Parrish at CBS.

23dpg
07-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Who wrote this?
I hope he makes it up here.

Dear Gary (on Gonzaga)

LAS VEGAS -- Here's Monday's Dear Gary ...

Dear Gary: Gonzaga should be in the Top 10 this year and will be in the Final Four. Go Zags! If you get a chance, come and see the Zags play in Spokane. I got tickets. There is nothing better than college sports. Enjoy the season.

-- Bob

That was quite the enthusiastic note.

But why wouldn't Bob be excited about his Zags?

Austin Daye's "torn ACL" that was supposed to keep him sidelined until at least January isn't torn that badly. Now, he reportedly needs just three weeks of rest and some physical therapy, meaning the Zags should be at full strength, complete with six of the top seven scorers back from a team that won 25 games last season. Meantime, Ernie Kent signed an extension with Oregon Friday. This was also good news for Gonzaga considering Oregon is one of the jobs -- and perhaps the only job -- for which Zags coach Mark Few might consider leaving given how he's close friends with Oregon athletic director Pat Kilkenny. In other words, a Kent extension (through 2013) makes it less likely that the Oregon job will open anytime soon, which makes it less likely Few will leave for Oregon anytime soon.

So yeah, these are good times at Gonzaga.

And yeah, I think I might make it up there this season,

MedZag
07-21-2008, 05:15 PM
But why wouldn't Bob be excited about his Zags?

Oh come now, everyone knows BobZag is all doom and gloom. :P

BobZag
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Twasn't this Bob.

Nice answer, though.