PDA

View Full Version : Davidson and USA U-18 Coach McKillop on Mangisto Arop today

ZagNative
07-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Just a few snippets, but some nice props to Gisto in this story from USA Basketball (http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=08_mu18_game_04_quotes):

What does it say about the will to win that this team has to go on that 12-0 run in the fourth quarter after Canada cut the lead to single digits?
I believe they only cut it to an eight point deficit and we answered right away. The offensive glass of Ryan Kelly, JaMychal (Green) and Travis (Wear) down the stretch was very important to us. Canada had a great performance by Mangisto Arop. He was tremendous today. It was very difficult to defend him, but I think we had enough guys that defended him and made it difficult for him down the stretch.
David Wear (Mater Dei H.S. / Santa Ana, Calif.)
On today’s game:
I think we lost focus there for a little while. I don’t think we necessarily came out and played our hardest. There were times when we took plays off. But overall I felt that we did a pretty good job of sticking to the game plan. (Mangisto) Arop got hot there for awhile, he was killing us for awhile. But then we picked up the ‘D’ and started getting more stops.
Do you think you might have overlooked Canada after dominating them in a scrimmage earlier this week?
Yes, I think so. We all kind of knew that we were probably going to get this victory and we came out here and coasted and thought more about tomorrow night’s game. Obviously that was wrong, but we pulled out the win.Nice Goin', Team Canada! You definitely got Coach McKillop's respect!

MontanaZag
07-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Scoring at will against some of the "best" recruits in the nation. Can't wait for this kid!

BobZag
07-19-2008, 10:15 AM
After playing Davidson, watching Davidson, and learning about them, when McKillop speaks I listen. He knows hoops. Very encouraging comments by him on Gisto.