PDA

View Full Version : Honeycutt supposedly to UCLA!

AC The Boss
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
This is not 100% true and i dont want to be held responsible. One of my teammates played at the double pump tournament last week in LA and was roomates with Tyler. Obcviously they got to talking and Ty told him that he was getting a full ride to UCLA and was most likely going to go. I got this info from my friend when we had likea 2 minute convo on the phone but ill get more info when he gets back

Nevtelen
07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
It's been sounding that way for a while, no surprise there. I still think it's a mistake for him, but I wish him the best all the same. I would have loved it if GU had landed him. Hopefully Kong's visa issues work out...

JAGzag
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
From what I've read I agree that he seems to be choosing the school over the better situation. Sounds like he'll be seriously pressed for playing time. I wish him luck.

StocktonIsMyHero
07-17-2008, 02:24 PM
I still think it's a mistake for him, but I wish him the best all the same.

Just out of curiosity... how is going to UCLA a mistake? For a kid from Southern California, that sounds more like a dream come true.

CDC84
07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
There are some people who have concerns that Honeycutt's style might not be aligned with Howland's vision of things. He's a tall, lanky wing with an offense first approach. That kid is nothing like the typical wings Howland recruits like Josh Shipp, Arron Afflalo, etc. Same thing goes for the wings he recruited when he coached at Pitt.