PDA

View Full Version : 9pm games??? will it continue?

bdog
03-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Any idea if GU will continue the late games on Monday nights. It really changes the atmosphere in the Mac, and if you look around, it used to be family friendly. Now kids can't go. I bought tickets so I could take my family, what's the deal?

brasszag
03-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Complain to the rest of the schools who voted for the ESPN deal.

It was a league decision (that GU was the only vote against)

CDC84
03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
http://wccsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030507aab.html

Thru 2011.......

SintoZag
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
That 6 p.m. pacific start time makes me think that we will be not being doing big Monady on ESPN2, but will instead have our games brodcast on ESPNU which probably gets into as many household as CSTV (read hardly any).

I guess the money is still good enough that the WCC makes more from the deal than they do having a people come to the actual game.

thickman1
03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not at all excited about ESPNU. I know my cable provider doesn't have it. It's beginning to look like the rest of the WCC schools are growing tired of GU.

BoltZag
03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
That 6 p.m. pacific start time makes me think that we will be not being doing big Monady on ESPN2, but will instead have our games brodcast on ESPNU which probably gets into as many household as CSTV (read hardly any)

Not really. This just means that the WCC will have increased exposure on ESPNU (I believe 6 WCC games were broadcast on ESPNU this season, none of which included a matchup with GU). In other words, there will be more WCC games on ESPNU, not necessarily any of which will include the Zags.

Gonzaga will continue to be included in the Big Monday nightcap broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2 and expect to see another game in February as part of ESPN on ABC's Saturday regional coverage.

Of course, KHQ and FSN still hold the rights to most of GU's home games.

This is all part of the networks' desire to pick up more mid-major conference games (i.e. CBS, ESPN, CSTV, Versus network, and MTN) following the rise of teams like GU (WCC), So. Illinois (MVC), Memphis (C-USA), George Mason (Colonial), etc, etc...since they tend to pull in decent ratings.

Rubbadub
03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
We had a game against San Fran on ESPNU. That's it though.

lothar98zag
03-09-2007, 04:15 PM
We had a game against San Fran on ESPNU. That's it though.
You must be talking about a replay of the USF game. GU played @ USF on ABC (regional, w/national coverage on ESPN Full Court).

The home game vs USF was on KHQ/FSN.

Rubbadub
03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah...was thinking of full court. :o