PDA

View Full Version : Someone smarter than myself....

former1dog
03-09-2007, 08:02 AM
.... which pretty much makes all you eligible, please tell my why Arizona and Duke are not at best on the bubble for the Madness. It seems most are counting them as locks for the tourney. I don't see it.

FrosTbear
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
The selection GODS want to have the best product to raise the most money. Now with that said- who would you like to watch Duke or East Tennessee St?
This is Sports on TV which means "show me the money"!

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Global warming on a unbelievably massive scale and pace, almost immediately drowning all of the Dutch population based solely on the steam coming out of Vitale's ears and hot air coming out of his pie-hole if Coach K was even spotted in the aisle of the grocery store where Sesame Street bubble bath is sold, much less bantered about as an actual bubble team. Personal theory, of course.

McZag
03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Global warming on a unbelievably massive scale and pace, almost immediately drowning all of the Dutch population based solely on the steam coming out of Vitale's ears and hot air coming out of his pie-hole if Coach K was even spotted in the aisle of the grocery store where Sesame Street bubble bath is sold, much less bantered about as an actual bubble team.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Perfect.

I would not be surprised if the NCAA by-laws state that the top 5 teams with the most name recognition will be given special consideration should they fail to earn an NCAA Tournament bid through hard work and merit.

GoZags
03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I do not know if I am smarter than you, but I do know that I'm smarter than I look. That being said -- according to Jerry Palm's collegerpi.com -- this morning Arizona is ranked #14 and Duke is ranked #16 in the all important RPI category.

That is why they aren't on the bubble.

http://myweb.cwpost.liu.edu/bbyrne/gzpics/ken.jpg

sdzag
03-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Duke beat us! That should be enough to get any team in.
(Just Kidding)
;)

BruddahZagJPoe
03-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Their RPI rating.

If you're into conspiracies -- Since we got the auto bid, they have to go to keep up with the Zags for consecutive March appearances.

Personally, I like the conspiracy theory. Let them keep up.

Go Zags.

CDC84
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
From what I can tell, there are only 3 teams that have more RPI top 50 wins than Duke.

They are a 100% lock. Plus, Henderson will back for the NCAA tourney

23dpg
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
The RPI can be manipulated. Arizona and Duke have figured it out. The key is to NOT play anyone with a 150+ RPI. I think UA only played 2 teams above 150 or 200. Fill your schedule with 80-150 teams and your RPI will be good even if you aren't. I don't think Arizona is a good team this year at all.

That being said, I applaud Lute for his scheduling. He plays a lot of tough teams OOC.

DenDiegoZag
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
That being said, I applaud Lute for his scheduling. He plays a lot of tough teams OOC.

Especially compared to one of the other coaches in the Pac-10...

lothar98zag
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
It's rare that teams ranked in the top 40 (RPI) miss the tourney. 0-2 per year may miss the big dance.

Unless they are banned, a top 20 RPI team will always make the field of 65.