PDA

View Full Version : Who Are We Hoping to Get This Year?

Mr Vulture
07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I have heard about several players that we have varying levels of interest on...I was curious as to who we should be able to get and who we ultimately will end up with. From reading the posts here and by reading comments from the players I think we are likely looking at the following class....

Manny Arop - Good get and looks better all the time
Sam Dower - I just have a feeling he will be a Zag
Anthony Marshall - This is the guy I would like to see
Bak Bak - Not sure on this one but seems like a favorite of coaches and posters on this site.

Those of you more in the know....what is your take on who will ultimately commit....I know it ever evolving but what is your gut feeling...I don't see Honeycutt or Stover coming, but that is my opinion.

BroncoZAG615
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Well with Dower we have some conflicting news. Our correspondent who interviewed Sam and his coach reported that Dower is high on us and George Mason. But some rumored "premium" "priviliged" information claims Dower is interested in Iowa. I just can't imagine him picking Iowa over Gonzaga. Maybe I'm just a Big-10 hater.

Two weeks ago I would have told you that Bak Bak was a shoe in. The GU elite camp was supposed to be his commit day. But planes, trains, and automobiles got in the way so who knows.

Anthony Marshall is wide open just as Joe Burton is. Those two guys would be awesome in my estimation but at this point we just don't know where their heads are. Maybe in a few days we will know more ;)

And Arop, I just can't wait. I really think he is going to be an instant impact player. The kid can flat score.

spudzag
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
BroncoZag is being modest. Check out the link to the Kennel Report if you haven't already. It's well done and a good place to get up to speed quickly.

BZ threw up this interesting tid bit yesterday;

I think we'll see the staff get a 2009 big, then follow that with a 2009 Juco big who none of us knows of.

I guess the short answer Vulture, lots of educated guesses and dreams here, but at the end of the day we don't really have a clue. ;)

roxdoc
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Don't forget Bol Kong - finges crossed!

spudzag
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't forget Bol Kong - finges crossed!

Very true, but I beleive he is technically a 2008 prospect.

Mr Vulture
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I read the information about Dower but I just don't see how Iowa would be a player for him....frankly, I would almost think George Mason would be better to play for than Iowa. I feel pretty good about Dower being a commit, don't know why, but just think he will be a Zag.

I know Marshall is open but I'd really like to see him as a Zag...probably the least confident of the 4 for me.

Not sure that Burton is that great...I have seen some video and he looks okay but not really impressive. Then again, I haven't seen any video of Dower and I like him...go figure..ha ha!