View Full Version : UW finalizes hoops schedule

SpudDawg
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Check out that "powerhouse" OOC schedule. :D

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyhoops/

MississppiZag
07-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Tough:D

Does anyone know if ours will be out anytime soon. It seems like ours is locked up, with a few exceptions.

23dpg
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
The comments made by the readers show that the posters there want the GU game back. Here's one.

GU does not need the game with UW, as UW does not need the game with GU. As a native WA, I need the game.

I'm indifferent to UW now, so I don't care what their OOC schedule is. I hated that the game went away, but now I hope we don't reschedule it.

TimZag
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
The comments made by the readers show that the posters there want the GU game back. Here's one.

GU does not need the game with UW, as UW does not need the game with GU. As a native WA, I need the game.

I'm indifferent to UW now, so I don't care what their OOC schedule is. I hated that the game went away, but now I hope we don't reschedule it.I dunno, it's always nice to have an easy W on the schedule against a PAC-10 team.

Nevtelen
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, UW starting off @ Portland. Not sure how Reveno worked that out, but it's nice for Portland. With how long Portland kept it close @ UW last season, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblity for the Pilots to pick up a nice season-opening win if Ito and Sikma play well.

zag67
07-13-2008, 04:01 PM
So if you look at the RPIs from last year: U.W. - 121

Morgan st - 134
Montana - 233
Lehigh - 244
Eastern - 285
Portland - 298
Kansas - 5
Syracuse - 54
Ok State - 73
Texas Southern - 320
Portland St - 98
Unknown
Unknown

That to me is not playing a schedule to prepare your team for Pac 10. Especially when 9 of the games are at home. But we will see

hondo46
07-13-2008, 04:08 PM
"possiblity for the Pilots to pick up a nice season-opening "
If the Pilots do it will be the last time you'll see them playing UW in Portland.

StocktonIsMyHero
07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Wait... why is everyone razzing UW? They are playing some good teams in Kansas, Syracuse or Florida, and Oklahoma State and a dangerous mid-major in Portland State. Plus some good regional games with Portland, Eastern Washington, and Montana. That seems like a solid non-conference slate for a Pac-10 team. I mean... they will have two games against UCLA, USC, Arizona, etc. so I think they're schedule will be plenty hard enough at the end of the season.

I realize people are upset that they cancelled the series with the Zags, but come on... this thread seems very petty.

bartruff1
07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Wait... why is everyone razzing UW? They are playing some good teams in Kansas, Syracuse or Florida, and Oklahoma State and a dangerous mid-major in Portland State. Plus some good regional games with Portland, Eastern Washington, and Montana. That seems like a solid non-conference slate for a Pac-10 team. I mean... they will have two games against UCLA, USC, Arizona, etc. so I think they're schedule will be plenty hard enough at the end of the season.

I realize people are upset that they cancelled the series with the Zags, but come on... this thread seems very petty. As among the petty...I never did like the " I'm from the U, who are you ?" and now I root against their every contest...

JosephZags
07-13-2008, 06:55 PM
The fact that UW's AD's excuse for canceling the Gonzaga series was that "Gonzaga didn't fit into UW's national schedule" is very humorous when looking at this schedule of patsies.

zagco
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
UDub should get serious and just play these games at Romar's home. He's surely got a court in his backyard and some neighbors who would ref.

ZagsGoZags
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
In the last several years GU has defeated UW most of the time. Romar probably feels that he would have a better chance recruiting NW players without those blatant losses. Better no news than bad news. I used to root for UW anything, out of NW loyalty, now I am against them about as much as UCLA, esp in basketball.

StocktonIsMyHero
07-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow... guess this is a touchy subject. I don't like/dislike UW. I'm ambivalent. But apparently most people on here are firmly in the dislike camp, based on the rep comments I got. (And again... the whole rep thing is super passive-aggressive.)

Anyway, I guess my point was that a non-conference schedule of playing three or four other BCS teams, several regional games, and a few cupcakes seems to be totally in line with just about every other BCS team.

ZagNut08
07-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Stockton, I think a lot of the anger and poking at UW stems from the fact that UW dumped us to add a national power to their schedule. Since then, they have added cupcake after cupcake...with most of the games being played at home. They also made obscene requirements of us for a series (play at their home then spokane arena)

Oh well, playing a soft ooc hasn't prepared them for pac-10 play the last few years, lets see if they can get lucky and make the post season this year (without having to pay $60,000)

bartruff1
07-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Stockton, I think a lot of the anger and poking at UW stems from the fact that UW dumped us to add a national power to their schedule. Since then, they have added cupcake after cupcake...with most of the games being played at home. They also made obscene requirements of us for a series (play at their home then spokane arena)

Oh well, playing a soft ooc hasn't prepared them for pac-10 play the last few years, lets see if they can get lucky and make the post season this year (without having to pay $60,000) It was the low class way they ended one of the most popular series in the state and I thought they insulted Gonzaga as "not good enough " for their lofty ambitions. Now I realize that most people are reasonable and adult and willing to assume the best and let bygone's be bygone's but I for one and not one of those people. I am a mean , vindictive , small minded individual who won't be happy till Romar is fired ...and that looks like that will happen in a very few years...Revenge is best served as a cool soup....

TheReasonableZag
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I dunno. Count me as among those who think UW's non-conference schedule isn't terrible, either. Several of those teams are potential tournament teams. Its not a world-beater by any means, and its not nearly as good as the Zags', but it could be a whole lot softer.

The Husky-related schadenfreude on this board is a bit unbecoming.

SpudDawg
07-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I didn't post this to be "petty" or because I'm "angry." I find it amusing.

Check out the posts from Husky fans who criticize UW for not scheduling Gonzaga and for having an overall soft OOC schedule.

kyle dixon
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I feel for the fans of New Jersey Institute of Technology. They began their season at Hec Ed last year. I am sure they are disappointed that UW did not return the game as a home and home. :)