PDA

View Full Version : Gurganious to UC Riverside

Psychozag
07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Excuse me if this has been posted before, but this is the first I've seen of it in today's paper. Says he is asking for a hardship exception, but I still haven't heard what it is... does anyone know? I hope he gets two years of playing time as a starter. Still not happy about seeing him leave because I think that he could have had a good role on this team.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=7946#more

Nevtelen
07-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Excuse me if this has been posted before, but this is the first I've seen of it in today's paper. Says he is asking for a hardship exception, but I still haven't heard what it is... does anyone know? I hope he gets two years of playing time as a starter. Still not happy about seeing him leave because I think that he could have had a good role on this team.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=7946#more

Glad to see he landed in D-I. I wish all the best to him with respect to bball and his family issues, whatever they may be. Once a Zag, always a Zag.

ZagNative
07-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Glad to see he landed in D-I. I wish all the best to him with respect to bball and his family issues, whatever they may be. Once a Zag, always a Zag.Nicely put, Nevtelen. Ditto.

Zag 77
07-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I believe that he still counts against our academic stats, does he not?

CaliforniaZaggin'
07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sure he'll make an immediate impact on that team, without question. Good luck, LG! I know everyone here will be pulling for you!

CDC84
07-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I believe that he still counts against our academic stats, does he not?

It won't count against the only thing that matters to Gonzaga, and that's the APR, which the NCAA is using these days to punish programs whose players fail to demonstrate academic progress toward graduation. LG's case is a prime example of why the NCAA dropped graduation rates as the measuring stick that's used to punish programs. He would've counted against Gonzaga under the old way of doing things, despite the fact that his departure from the school had nothing to do with academic struggles.

zag67
07-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Good Luck LG. I hope you get the additional year. I think all of us are pulling for you in your new adventure.

Zagineer
07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Once a Zag, always a Zag.

That says it all.

I wish you the best that life can provide. Never forget that you are a part of Zag Nation.