PDA

View Full Version : Calling Sittingon50

BobZag
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
We hope you, your family and property escaped the wrath of Thursday's storm. It clobbered Colville. Give us an update when you can, buddy. Till then, hang in there.

ZigZagSoCal
07-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Good luck Sittonon50. Prayers to you, your family & some of my friends up there.

Zagdawg
07-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family also--

sittingon50
07-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey thanks gang. No problems for me, though as a precaution I parked in front of the house on Thursday rather than under a birch tree that overhangs the driveway. A few people I work with couldn't get home (in the country) & some others had trees hit their houses (without significant damage).

Colville's swim team is in a summer "league" with a bunch of towns in lower B.C. Each of the communities hosts a meet one weekend. Our turn to host. Our municipal pool is at the City Park & many of the out-of-towners bring their campers plus they pitch tents in the park. 14 pines trees went down in the park Thursday, probably 60-80 footers. Had the wind been Friday, it could have been ugly.

Was interested in your fires. Used to live around 29th & Pines & know some folks in the evacuated areas. Hope all you vallleyites are O.K. 50.