PDA

View Full Version : What does Whitney have against Spitzer?

Zag 77
07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Just wondering what anybody knows about what Provincial head Fr. Whitney really has against Fr. Spitzer. My thesis is that despite tons of success at GU, the liberals in power among the Society of Jesus are rankled by Fr. Spitzer's devotion to orthodoxy.

Fr. Spitzer is interesting to listen to on Catholic Radio where he is a regular.

So, who are the early favorites to replace him at GU?

a13coach
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
No names have surfaced yet. And Whitney will be leaving before Spitzer, as GU's Father Pat Lee will be the new Provincial at the end of this month. Fr. Spitzer has stated that he has been and will be here longer than intended so I am not sure he is being forced out.

The Jesuits like to keep every one moving.

webspinnre
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Just wondering what anybody knows about what Provincial head Fr. Whitney really has against Fr. Spitzer. My thesis is that despite tons of success at GU, the liberals in power among the Society of Jesus are rankled by Fr. Spitzer's devotion to orthodoxy.

Yup, that's pretty much it.

Zag 77
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I read on the NW Jesuits website that Fr. Pat Lee indeed replaces Fr. Whitney as Provincial in a few days, July 31, 2008.

I also read the following about Fr. Lee:

An educator, Lee has served as Vice President for Mission
at Gonzaga University in Spokane,
Washington, since 2005.

So, no doubt Fr. Lee knows Fr. Spitzer pretty well.

Any chance Fr. Lee might let Fr. Spitzer stay on?

a13coach
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
I read on the NW Jesuits website that Fr. Pat Lee indeed replaces Fr. Whitney as Provincial in a few days, July 31, 2008.

I also read the following about Fr. Lee:

An educator, Lee has served as Vice President for Mission
at Gonzaga University in Spokane,
Washington, since 2005.

So, no doubt Fr. Lee knows Fr. Spitzer pretty well.

Any chance Fr. Lee might let Fr. Spitzer stay on?

That ball has already started rolling and I do not believe Fr. Pat will do anything to stop it.