PDA

View Full Version : WCC Schedule

ZaggyStardust
07-06-2008, 08:22 PM
USF has a tentative schedule posted on Don's Central and if it is correct, St. Mary's and USD are now travel partners! If that is the case, it will make for a wicked one-two punch twice in our WCC schedule. Gonna be an interesting conference season!

NorthoftheBorder
07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I have always wondered why Santa Clara and St Mary's have been travel partners anyway. I would think that you would use the Oakland Aiport when going to St. Mary's and the San Francisco Airport when going to either Santa Clara or USF so it would make sense to put Santa Clara and USF together. That would leave St. Mary's to pair up with USD.

Anybody know how or why Santa Clara and St Mary's got paired up as travel partners in the past instead of Santa Clara and USF?

sittingon50
07-07-2008, 12:17 AM
If I recall, the 3 Bay Area teams rotate with each other every 3rd year.

freezer12
07-07-2008, 04:16 AM
I have always wondered why Santa Clara and St Mary's have been travel partners anyway. I would think that you would use the Oakland Aiport when going to St. Mary's and the San Francisco Airport when going to either Santa Clara or USF so it would make sense to put Santa Clara and USF together. That would leave St. Mary's to pair up with USD.

Anybody know how or why Santa Clara and St Mary's got paired up as travel partners in the past instead of Santa Clara and USF?

There's an airport in San Jose. It's 5-10 minutes from SCU's campus. I don't think airports have anything to do with travel partners. USF is an hour's drive from SCU and SMC is 45 minutes.