PDA

View Full Version : Scout's July Coverage of AAU Events

BobZag
07-05-2008, 09:41 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/767147.html

Dave Telep LeBron James Skills Academy, RBK U, Peach Jam, Triple S Harley Davidson Shootout, Las Vegas Tournaments and AAU Nationals.

Evan Daniels adidas It Takes 5ive Class, LeBron James Skills Academy, Kentucky Hoopfest, Peach State Summer Classic, Peach Jam and the Las Vegas Tournaments.

Greg Hicks West Coast All Star Camp#1, Fullcourt Press All-West Camp, West Coast All Star Camp #2, Three Stripes Tournament, Fullcourt Press Cream of the Crop Challenge, Las Vegas Tournaments and LA Best of Summer.

MississppiZag
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Bob!

Any chance anyone knows which tournaments Honeycutt, Bak, or Dower will be at. I saw the other thread, but i am pretty sure these three will be playing at various tourneys. If anyone knows about them and where they might play at, please share.

ZagNative
07-05-2008, 10:52 AM
ZN's most recent info:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Screenprints/Recruits/July5AAUSchedule.jpg

MississppiZag
07-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Good to see Sam Dower participating in so many events. Will any of our Canadian friends have stats and analysis of Arop's performances this week? Hope he plays well and has a good showing.

I saw that earlier ZN, but i figured i would see Bak, Honeycutt, and a few others in more tourneys? Not sure though, Bak as well as Honeycutt might just be playing in one tourney.

ZagNative
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm sure they will be playing in more tourneys, but, after intensive searching, what you see above is all that I could confirm. Some sites still don't have lists of teams up who will be attending. Unless a player said he would be attending a camp or a website for a camp listed a team or player, I didn't include.

Also, if a team like Howard Pulley showed up in a list of teams for a tourney, I assumed that Mike Broghammer would be playing. (I think his team is actually Pulley Panthers). I don't know, however, that he'll actually be on the roster. Rosters aren't yet posted on many of the sites, if any. We're taking our best guess here.

MississppiZag
07-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree and hope they will play in more. If Honeycutt plays like he has in a couple of more tourneys, then he will find his way into the top 50, and possibly top 40. Hope all of our recruits play well and hope our staff has a lot of traveling planned. :)

ZagNative
07-05-2008, 11:35 AM
After long experience with seeing Scout undervalue (IMO) our recruits historically, I don't pay much attention to top 50 or 100 lists. It's kind of fun when they do climb up in the rankings, but I don't take it very seriously either way.

MississppiZag
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Of course, they are always going to miss someone, but i am pretty sure you would not mind having a top 50 player? :)

Not to bother you ZN or anyone that knows something, but do you know if we will have updates about our recruits from the Lebron James Academy, Adidas, or the Reebok camp, that are going on this weekend?

ZagNative
07-05-2008, 01:33 PM
The It Takes 5ive Classic websit (http://www.adidas5classic.com/)e has now been updated. By my reckoning, these are the kids and teams of interest to us:

Las Vegas Prospects Anthony Marhall
Seattle Rotary Select Josh Smith
Pump N Run Elite Tyler Honeycutt
K.C. Pump-N-Run Jeff Reid
Double Pump Elite Bak Bak, Anthony Stover
I haven't seen individual rosters up for the teams but am just guessing that the Zag prospects who are on those teams will be on the rosters for this tourney.

I see that the Nashville Celtic are going to be there, and Deandre Daniels played with them earlier this summer, but then I saw that he was going to be playing for Team Chandler, so I don't know ... He's a young man of many surprises ...