MississppiZag
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Updated June 2nd:

Name-Round-Pick
Austin Daye-1st-9
Josh Heytvelt-1st-30
Jeremy Pargo-2nd-44
Micah Downs-2nd-56

Good to see 4 players in this mock draft, too. Even better to see Heytvelt in the 1st. Hope he plays like it i know he will. He is the one player i am most excited to see along with Daye.:D

MDABE80
07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Jeremy does a good job and the Zags could see 3 first rounders next year. Josh is coming along nicely. He is the most exciting player we'll have for a while. He just SKIES when healthy. Think of it like this: Josh does a full season like the UNC victory in 2006...and he'll be in the top 15 taken. Best part of this whole thing is that he can do that if he's focused/scared/etc.

Austin may not get big points this year. GU looks to be too deep for 1 guy to run away with scoring superiority. He'll get his fair share though. I like his defense and mobility. Austin's a winner.

Jeremy needs a stronger season and ballhandling than last year. He bears down and focuses, my guess is late 1st round/early 2nd. He is a ferocious player who is exciting to watch when he gets in the key or has a free hand near the iron.

I never was sure whose doghouse Micah was in. He's surprising on defense but we're still waiting for some big scoring. He scores and does the other things, he might get taken. I hope so. He's a good kid who just had a rough start.

Zags will be a team to watch. Maybe not as deep as UNC but deep enough to knock the eyes out of anyone paying attention. Most talent ever. This team grows a heart and plays with each other and wants the best for achother, the Zags will beat anyone/everyone...and it won't be a fluke. Get braced.......this team lives to potential and Josh does what he can do, a FF is definitely in the cards for us.

CDC84
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
It appears that Gonzaga and UConn have the most players on the 2009 mock list: 4 each. I could be wrong, but that looks to be the case. That game in Seattle in December is going to be a dandy.

zagfan24
07-03-2008, 06:00 AM
They also have Bouldin going 58th in 2010.

Add that up with Gray and it is incredible how much NBA-level talent we have next year

ZagNut08
07-03-2008, 08:35 AM
At the beginning of last season I said I though 6 of the guys from the team would be drafted at some point. Most laughed it off, but it looks like it may happen after all

CDC84
07-03-2008, 08:47 AM
ZagNut08, CDC and BobZag might be picked in the 2nd round of next year's draft. The draft next year is going to be that wide open folks........

TexasZagFan
07-03-2008, 09:11 AM
ZagNut08, CDC and BobZag might be picked in the 2nd round of next year's draft. The draft next year is going to be that wide open folks........

Not to burst your bubble CDC, but I've heard you're having a heap of trouble adjusting to the new 3-point line. ;)

zag67
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
THere might be 6 and if Robert breaks out in the next few years, there might even be 7. I think that he has a very high up side that the coaches will be working to improve. Also he will not have to be a big scorer to do that. He needs to show he has a shot, be able to get rebounds at both ends, play good solid help defense, and then move the ball to the open person.

CDC84
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Not to burst your bubble CDC, but I've heard you're having a heap of trouble adjusting to the new 3-point line

Yeah, but I can shoot it from the NBA distance just fine :p