PDA

View Full Version : Adam Morrison Golf Classic August 14 at Wandermere & Halo 3 Tournament at NTown Mall

ZagNative
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, this is cool (http://www.kxly.com/Global/category.asp?C=141500&nav=menu683_12_1).
KXLY ABC 4, KXLY 920 AM and 700 ESPN The Ticket are proud to be the official media sponsors of The Adam Morrison Golf Classic and Auction on Thursday, August 14th, at the Wandermere Golf Course in Spokane, WA.

The Adam Morrison Golf Classic is a fun-filled, day long event. It's presented by the Odom Corporation and benefits the local chapter of the American Diabetes Association. The event kick-offs with a buffet lunch at 11 a.m. followed by the Four Person Scramble Golf event at 1 p.m. Following the golf play, there is a live and silent auction and a light buffet dinner at Fizzie Mulligans later in the evening.

The entry fee is $200 per person and includes lunch, green fees, cart & prizes.

The Dennis Patchin Show will broadcast live from the event on Thursday, August 14th. The Dennis Patchin Show can be heard Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 p.m. on 700 ESPN The Ticket.
The Adam Morrison Golf Classic isn't the only cool event going on that weekend in Spokane. For the gamers out there, KXLY ABC 4, KXLY 920 AM and 700 ESPN The Ticket are also happy to announce that the Northtown Mall is hosting The Adam Morrison Halo 3 Tournament on Saturday, August 16th.

Test your mettle as Master Chief or one of the Covenant starting at 10 a.m. that morning. The event is for ages 10 and up, and is presented by GameStop at Northtown Mall, KXLY ABC 4, KXLY 920 AM and 700 ESPN The Ticket. The entry fee is $20.00.Read the rest of the story and access registration links here (http://www.kxly.com/Global/category.asp?C=141500&nav=menu683_12_1).

jbslicer
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
200 bones is pretty steep for Wandemere.

Zagdawg
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
It's a charity event--

saramo
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I know some of you think $200 is steep. But keep in mind that all proceeds benefit the American Diabetes Association!!

It's going to be awesome. I hope to see some of you there!

Zagpower
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
It's all about the charity. I Look at it this way. I am donating $200 to my favorite charity and in return I get to experience a great day of golf with friends. There are hundreds of other charities that I could donate the $200 to and receive nothing. This makes this golf event look like a bargain!

Last year we donated a few items to the auction. Pictures that sell for $80 in our store sold for $250-$300. Adam signed jerseys sold in the $2,000 range. Nobody cared that you could get those items elsewhere for less.The charity raised a lot of money and the bidders had a great time receiving some very cool items for their donations. Win-Win!

Since moving to Spokane ten years ago,I am constantly amazed at how much charity work our local athletes perform. Truly a fine group of young men.